15th Chapter: LOVE OR YEARNING?

I am sorry if I take too long to update but, here you go! Please enjoy my loves!💋

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nighttime has gone away fast as rays of sunshine entering the window greeted Yibo's cold cheek who was still in slumber and curled up into a ball, lost in his dreams. Its warm touches quietly wake Yibo up who frowned upon receiving it for he was still in no mood to get up or even open his eyes and rather, listened to the quietude of his room. The silence was music to his ears but was short-lived when his phone rang which startled him, suddenly remembering about the man who was beside him sleeping thinking that he might wake up because of the noise. He gently twisted his body to look if he was still asleep but was surprised when he saw no one, making him pause in his spot.

He quickly got up with eyes still saggy, scratching his hair while he grabs his phone but simply ignored it when he saw who was calling him, hurling it on the bed still ringing. It was his student Jackson, who already called and texted him a few times but Yibo, without care as to why he was phoning, immediately roamed around to look for Zhan starting at the room next to his thinking that maybe he transferred there but, no sign of him and neither at the bathroom.

Appalled, he proceeded to go downstairs with a puckered expression, reckoning about the man's condition and sudden disappearance at his side. He thought of Zhan's backpack which he placed at one of the steps that were no longer there, indicating that he had really left the apartment.

His steps became listless as he walked into the stillness setting of his place and saw a small piece of paper on the countertop with a short message written on it. He lazily picked up the paper and read it with his inactive eyes, following every letter with a dissatisfied gesture;

"Mr Wang, thank you for the help. I greatly appreciate it. Take good care and I wish you well."

-Zhan-

"I wish you..well? Lifting his head a bit with a big question mark on his expressionless face, as if the letter contains a hidden secret. "What is up with this guy?" He muttered, returning his gaze on the piece of paper he was holding, wondering what Zhan's note means;

Or is it just in his mind?

He put down the paper and laid his elbow on the marble table as he let his chin rest on his palm, obviously in a puzzled state, looking far away while playing Zhan's face inside his head over and over again. That face who looks like Yuta, the face he thinks is so pretty even when angry and the face he couldn't take his mind off now. He blinked at least thrice as he felt a sting in his chest suddenly emerge making him gulp from reality that he might be feeling something for his lover's best friend. His empty mood earlier was changed into a worried one, furrowing at the fact that it may be true for he did kiss him after all.

Yibo stood up straight from the thought, didn't move for a second before walking towards the fridge to get a glass of cold water, hoping to wash away the uneasiness he was feeling.

After taking a glass or two that helped him a little to relax, he went back to his room to get his phone which was now full of messages and calls from Jackson. He didn't bother to open any of it for he was deliberating if he would text, or call Zhan directly instead. The what, how, why and where will not be answered if he will not ask Zhan himself so after arguing with his mind for a bit, he decided to send Zhan a text first.

"Zhan, what happened to you? How are you feeling? Why did you leave? Where are you?"

He wandered around his bedroom, walking back and forth like an anxious person with his hand in his waist while waiting for Zhan's reply.