9th Chapter: CAREFUL

Enjoy reading loves!🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evening fell through the brisk City and the dim light coming from the sky covered the streets. Xiao Zhan looked above and took a deep breath, taking in the cool atmosphere encircling him. Another day has gone away and time for Xiao Zhan to go home again.

Xiao Zhan finished late because of workload and his friend Zi Yi left hours before him. He strolled the calm street on his way to his apartment. Good thing his boss in Shanghai arranged his new home near his work so it will not burden him too much. His steps were heavy and his hand was on his pocket gazing at the people passing by.

It was already quarter past 7 and he hadn't eaten anything since his lunch meeting with Zi Yi. He can already hear his stomach growling, begging him to find someplace to eat. He stood on the corner to get his phone in his bag for he was not that familiar with the place yet, he tried searching for good restaurants nearby. He was scrolling his screen when a sudden phone call interrupted him. It was his older sister, Lulu. His eyes beamed and he immediately picked up.

"Jie! How are you? I miss you!" He cheerfully greeted her. He could hear his sister giggling on the other line.

"How is my DiDi doing? I miss you too."

"Everything alright there, Jie? How's Mama and Papa? I miss you all."

"Everything here is okay, Zhan. How about you? Did you eat? Did you take your medication?"

"Uhmm..actually I just got out from work..and no, not yet. I'm searching for a good restaurant here. I'm starving. I miss your cooking Jie."

"Zhan, please eat on time. I will try and visit you soon. Don't worry, okay?"

"Hmm. Thanks for calling, Jie."

"I was worried about you. You're still new to the City. I just wanted to make sure that you're okay."

"I am, Jie. Please don't worry too much about me. I'm an adult now. I can handle things already."

"Well, not for me. You're still my baby. Please take good care of your self especially your health, okay?"

"I will, Jie."

"Okay, then. Text me when you get home. Good Night my DiDi."

"Okay, Jie. Good Night."

He ended the phone call and continued again to look for a restaurant. Luckily, he found one. He checked the ratings and the menu and it appeared to be a good one. It was just a 10-minute walk so he directly called in to see if a seat was available. Fortunately, the place accepts last-minute reservations. He hung up the call and made his way to the place. He got to the restaurant within minutes and walked in to see how many people were around. The place looks decent and he doesn't look bad himself.

A waiter walked him to his seat and handed him over the menu. He immediately went on to the salad section and checked everything. After a minute of scanning it thoroughly, he looked up to the waiter patiently waiting for him to order.

"I would like to order the Mediterranean pasta salad with raw squash and feta and baiao yinzhen tea, please."