19th Chapter: QUESTIONS

Enjoy my lovely readers!💞

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haikuan, along with Zhou Cheng and Yibo's café manager Ji Li packed with a birthday cake and food showed up in an attempt to surprise Yibo but instead, it was the other way around. An awkward silence fell upon the people waiting outside Yibo's apartment and the two inside looked at each other and debated with their eyes whether for them to speak first. Until finally, someone cleared a throat and spoke in a fruity tone, and it was Haikuan, trying to reduce some of the uncomfortable feelings between all of them.

"Surprise, surprise..aren't you going to invite us in, Yibo?"

Yibo with a cold stare and blank expression and Haikuan instantly understood why only sighed and motioned them with his head to come in. He squeezed the hand of the man behind him gently, reassuring him that everything is okay and Zhan glimmered, landing the annoyed Yibo with a tender fondle on the shoulder. He doesn't want any more surprises for his birthday cause first, he hates it and secondly, Zhan showing up was the best thing that happened today and that was more than enough for him.

Ji Li and Zhou Cheng came in first but Haikuan, whose smile vanished upon seeing Zhan with his brother, stopped midway and lowered his eyes at the hands clutched together tightly, not in a disgruntled way but a mystifying one. Zhan noticed the concerned look on Haikuan and immediately withdrew his hand from Yibo, making the younger grimace at the uneasy Zhan. Haikuan glanced at his brother once more before walking along and joining the others in the kitchen but Zhou Cheng noticed the sudden mood change in Haikuan and met him halfway, pretending to grab the cake from the man.

"Kuan..are you okay?"

Whispered the suspicious man while they walk towards the kitchen top but, Haikuan ignored his question. Zhou Cheng lay down the cake still staring at Haikuan but the older was in deep thought and doesn't seem to notice the man beside him gazing at him until a touch on his arm woke his senses up.

"Kuan.."

"Are you okay?"

The man gasped slightly and turned his head on Zhou Cheng whose face was already desperate and smiled.

"I'm okay, don't worry.."

"Are you sure?"

"Hmm.."

On the other side of the table, an unsettled Ji Li quietly peers at the four men speaking in whispers with each other and immediately felt like an outcast. He sought at himself and tried to focus his attention on something else by going to the living room and looking around. Yibo noticed his manager walking like a waif and felt a little bad for him so he and Zhan walked towards him, calling in the man with his stern voice as if they are at work making Ji Li flinch and abruptly stopping his stroll to face Yibo.

"Ji Li.."

"Boss..hi..happy birthday and sorry for coming here without you knowing. Your brother called me and I couldn't say no so.."

Yibo only responded with a hum and grab Zhan's hand again, ready to introduce him to Ji Li properly even though he already met him at the café.

"Hmm. Anyway, Zhan, you already know Ji Li right? My café manager.

Zhan nodded and gave a sweet smile to the nervous guy and so did the shy one.

"Also Yubin's friend, right?" Zhan questioned cheerfully.