20th Chapter: PLEADING

Let's all give appreciation for Zhou Cheng and Haikuan in this chapter, shall we?💚

Please read till the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night was going great for the party-goers as they finish binge-watching their favourite show, The Untamed. By the end of the series, Zhou Cheng and Ji Li were already intoxicated from consuming most of the liquor while Haikuan kept giggling at the two drunken men continuing to speak non-sense then would laugh about it like idiots. Haikuan peeked at the lovebirds sitting not far from him and smiled at the scene, Zhan already resting his head at his brother's shoulder, eyes closed and Yibo tenderly caressing the sleepy man's hand clenched in his while looking at it fondly, not minding the noise the two boozers were making as both dream awake, slowly submerging into their little bubble of romance.

Haikuan signalled the two to lower their voices then gestured to look behind them to witness the lovely sight. Both glimmered as they watch Yibo looking so joyous while staring sweetly at Zhan for it it has been so long since they have seen him glow like it. The three men then quickly got up to their feet and started clearing up the table which surprised Yibo and Zhan, obviously because they weren't paying attention since the beginning and were too occupied doing their own thing that they didn't even notice the show ends.

The pair got up and pretended as nothing happened but the three men only teased them with their malicious eyes and chortled at their innocent act.

Embarrassed, Zhan lowered his head and helped to tidy up the table instead, raising both brows to Yibo who was standing with an annoyed expression and motioning him to help. Not surprised, Haikuan walked to his brother, tapped his shoulder lightly and uttered something in his ear which made Yibo roll his eyes and him bursting into laughter.

"Bo, kinda hot in here, isn't it..? Don't get too excited, alright?"

Yibo hissed at the three men snickering at his irritated expression and shifted to look at Zhan who was also trying not to let out a laugh at his cute behaviour but instead of becoming more irritated, his face was altered to a more pleasant one as he glimpses at his lover's perfect smile. He couldn't do anything but to sigh and walk beside his sweetheart and the others to help with the cleaning, leaving his brother alone who was still cracking up. While wiping the table here and there, Yibo and Zhan secretly glanced at one another, exchanging sweet smiles whenever they catch each other's eyes, like trading a secret message through their burning souls and screaming hearts. Haikuan couldn't help but gleam at the sight of his brother being in love and all and at the same time worried about what might happen hereafter, the ache of the past returning when Yibo finally figures out the truth but, for now, he felt glad that he is with somebody who he sees love and adornment towards his younger brother exactly like Yuta was a long time ago.

Ji Li and Zhou Cheng threw the remaining cans of beers into the bin that is in the kitchen and Zhou Cheng who happen to glimpse at Haikuan gazing at the pair pouted and walked slowly towards the man who seemed delighted, but quite unsettled. His mood reflects happiness but his eyes speak differently and Zhou Cheng, who was inebriated didn't hold back and held his hand gently making Haikuan gape for a second as he glances at the hand clamped to his own then switched his eyes up to look at the person responsible, confusedly. Yibo witnessed the sudden action of Zhou Cheng and stared at his older brother's startled face, so did Ji Li and Zhan and none spoke for a moment but Haikuan was too dazed, veered his eyes around only to find the people staring at both of them and instantly pulled his hand away from Zhou Cheng's.

Zhou Cheng frowned at the gesture and so just awkwardly smiled at everyone making them believe that he was just drunk and slowly whirled his back from Haikuan, returning to the kitchen full of guilt and embarrassment. Haikuan followed Zhou Cheng's movements, feeling quite sorry for the guy because of his actions but he is still unsure what feeling he has for him and unlike his brother who knew right away that he was homosexual, he, on the other hand, is still sceptic about it.