37th Chapter: WHITE FLAG

On their way to Jackson's place, all Yibo can think about was that blue, plain thing that is now in his pocket along with the letter. Absolutely the same one he had been seeing in his dream, giving him terrors every single time he closes his eyes at night, since the day Zhan perished. To add further scruple to his already troubled psyche, Zhan's gazes earlier continue to toy with his emotions, like a broken record; no pause, no fast forward, no end. But, he was, and still is no doubt obsessed with it. They are still as before, captivating, however now, hatred had been added into it whenever he looks at him.

Moments ago;

When Jackson arrived to pick up Yibo, everyone gaped at him, particularly Haikuan. Not just because of how handsome the man looks, but because of how Yibo almost run to him when he saw him enter the gate. Everyone fell silent when the man greeted everyone, and the tension easily grew when Jackson greeted Zhan, whose demeanour changed the moment their eyes laid upon each other. It was like a scene in a drama, intense. Zhan didn't even move his lips, nor showed any sign of interest for the man, and instead, landed a quick glare at Yibo and rudely walked away. Yibo puckered, but Jackson can only look at him with a slightly mischievous smile on his face. Jealousy was the only thing Jackson could think of at Zhan's sudden weird behaviour and he felt he came. Everyone around them pressed their lips, heaved a sigh, bewildered by the scene and didn't say a word until Yibo opened his for a goodbye.

After bowing and all, Yibo giving Yuta's mother a thank you, the two-headed out as if nothing happened. But, as they were going into the car, a yell from a woman halted them. It was Mei, running and waving her hand for Yibo to wait for her. Yibo motioned for Jackson to wait in the car which the other obeyed and walked towards the girl who was caressing her chest, catching her breath.

"What is it..?"

Yibo asked with a brow above the other.

"Yibo Ge, we forgot to tell you, Oneesan rented a beach resort for an overnight stay and wants you to come.."

He frowned. He stared at Mei for a second, hoping that the other would understand by his expression that he is not in any way nosy about it, but, he also knew that his harsh attitude won't budge the girl, and so;

"When..?"

"A week from now. You can bring your friend with you if you like.."

And she knows very well how to manipulate someone with her loveliness, especially Yibo, who still finds Mei hard to say no to even before.

"Please, Ge..? For me..? You're not mad at me, right..? Of course, you're not, right? My brother will visit you if you don't say yes to me.."

Mei wrapped his hands on Yibo's arms and sweetly rested her head on him like a kid and the man can only sigh. He can't be mad at her, he had no reason to. She hated Zhan for the same reason as his and she understood him the most, even though she didn't hear from her too, he knows that she always has his back. And, he is certain that it will never change, now that she and Zhan had finally worked things out. With her twinkling eyes and pouty lips, he could tell that the girl is up to something. He knows her very well.

"Please..?"

This time, Mei's playful display of behaviour somehow made Yibo's not so eager self just a minute ago shifts to a kind of excited one like magic. It doesn't show on his face, but, Mei made sure that he gets whatever she was trying to say. Nothing he can say would make the girl stop, leaving him with no other choice except say yes.