Chapter 16: House of Castillo

"So your really not going to dinner tonight?" Lyrica was eating a egg sandwich outside in the gardens with Cassien. She invited him outside to take a break from work and they were discussing about their plans today.

"No I can't something came up so I need to go to the Royal Palace." Cassien took a bite out of his sandwich. It was a roast beef sandwich, "But I asked Peter if he can go with you if that makes you feel better." He looked over to Peter who was focused on his sandwich, "Right Peter."

Peter still wasn't listening and kept eating the sandwich.

"Peter!" Cassien smacked his arm.

"Huh!" He refocused and nodded his head. "Yes to whatever we're talking about right now."

Cassien narrowed his eyes at Peter after he answered.

"Is no the right answer?" Peter turned to Lyrica.

"Haha." Lyrica laughed at Peter.

"Why are you eating so much? It's like you haven't eaten at all." Cassien looked at Peter weirdly.

"W-Well, I was just a bit busy yesterday that I forgot to eat. Nothing much about it." He shrugged.

"Nothing much about it?" Cassien disagreed, "You are acting strange, but I'm also not surprised."

"Whatever." Peter rolled his eyes, "Is Vivian going to be there too?" He asked.

"Of course she's going to be there she lives there." Cassien answered.

"Are you kidding me." Peter groaned and leaned back on his chair.

"I mean I get what's wrong with Vivian, but why do you dislike her?" Lyrica cocked her head to Peter.

"She always hated me since we were in middle school together. I don't even know why, but she always had an attitude."

"I don't blame her." Cassien agreed.

"Oh okay Mr. Vivian's husband." Peter snickered, "She always had an obsession with Sien for some odd reason. I remember one time during Valentine's Day she gifted him a whole statue of Cupid, but with Sien's head on it!" He laughed.

"Holy— That's embarrassing." Lyrica was laughing with Peter and looked at Cassien who seemed annoyed at the two, "What did you do with it?" She looked at Cassien for his answer.

"I just walked away from it. That statue was...Extremely childish." He placed his hand on his eyes, "I don't even want to think of that day."

"Oh and then she recited this whole poem for him in front of the whole school I think on Blue Hearts day." Peter remembered.

"Don't even remind me of that poem!" Cassie snapped.

"What's Blue Hearts Day?" Lyrica asked.

"It's a day when boys give chocolates to their significant other. They could give gifts too I guess." Cassien explained, "The founder of Valentino gave his lover this sort of chocolate made from a water from the purest place in Valentino. The chocolate tasted like water, but it was sweet. I don't know how to describe it since no one alive has seen it before. It was also said to be in a cavern where diamonds lined the walls of the cave. When light reflects into that cave it is known to be one of the beautiful places in the world, because the light hits the diamonds and create this sort of reflection around the cave. Anyways, from that story men started giving chocolates to their lovers on April 14. Since that was the day he had given the chocolates to her."

"Can we go to that cave!" Lyrica asked excitedly. The idea of going to the world's most beautiful cave intrigued her.

"Nope. No one knows where that place is or if it is even real." Cassien chuckled, "Most likely it isn't real so I wouldn't get your hopes up."