Chapter 29: A Child's Game

"You've been here all night your highness...You should go home." Jeremiah visited the hospital to check on Cassien. He was lying down on the couch in the corner and he looked up to Jeremiah.

"Do I have anything on schedule today?"

"You do have a lunch meeting...I believe it's with some of the aristrocrats sons..." Jeremiah checked his IPad to see the schedule.

"Cancel it."

"A-Are you sure your highness?"

"They'll understand just clear my schedule for today. I'll get back on it tomorrow, so reschedule everything."

"As you wish then..."

Knock knock

Cassien heard the knock on the door and got up from the couch. He brushed back his bed hair and opened the door. Standing outside was Ariana with a vase of flowers.

"Ariana?"

"How is she?" Ariana placed the vase in Cassien's hands and walked over to Lyrica to see her face.

Lyrica was still unconscious, but her vitals hadn't changed since yesterday. She looked a bit paler than her usual self and almost looked like sleeping beauty after she had gotten cursed.

"She's fine, the doctors hooked up her IV with essential nutrients to at least satisfy her body's need."

"I can't believe this, when I saw you at the palace holding her with blood covered all over you two...What the heck is going on Cassien?" Arian furrowed her eyebrows at him, "What have the Castillo Household said?"

"Right now her grandparents and aunt and uncle are busy with the investigation." Cassien informed her, "And...Peter and Lyrica's friend are on their way to get a cure."

"There isn't a cure at the hospital?" Ariana said concerned, "What exactly happened to her? She got poisoned."

Cassien nodded his head, "That was the diagnosis of the doctor."

"I can't believe it..." Ariana said in disbelief, "So Peter went to get a cure? What exactly is the cure?"

"It's in a town, Marlin, apparently Peter's friend at the coffee shop used to study medicine. He said he knew how to make a cure and would give it to her. So all our eggs are being thrown in this basket..."

"There are no leads to this at all?" Ariana asked, "Who would want to target Lady Lyrica?"

"That...I can't inform you on I'm sorry." Cassien sighed, "We're in a tricky situation right now Ariana." Cassien heard his phone on the table ring and he walked over to it. It was his father when he checked the name, "I need to take this. Jeremiah come out with me as well. We'll be back."

"Yes your highness." Jeremiah and Cassien walked out of the room to take the call.

Cassien answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Cassien I heard you cancelled on that meeting today."

"Well if you were in my shoes you would too wouldn't you?"

"I wasn't here to scold you." The Emperor sighed out, "Right now we're checking the security cameras at the palace and we're also getting testimonies from the guests at where they were at the time of the incident...Are you sure what you are telling me is true?"

"Father, I did asked, I have evidence. I am sure they were the ones that did it. There's no other person I could think of. I feel like deep inside you agree too."

"I know son. Look, it'll take a while until we can do a proper investigation on the Duke. It'll be even harder since he has some strong supporters in the council. But, if you can give me concrete evidence and proof this process will be a lot faster."