Chapter 35: The Council

All the people in the council arrived in the council room at the palace. It looked like a hall for college students, but instead it was a place to talk about economics and politics. Everyone was chatting around questioning why there was an emergency meeting when Cassien and the Emperor appeared from the front. Cassien walked confidently down the red carpet that led a chair next to the Emperor's chair and he stood in front of it. Everyone was questioning why he was there and they all began to take their seats. Cassien waited until everyone sat down to start the meeting. He placed his hands on his desk and sighed. The Emperor looked at his son to see if he was ready and he was.

"Today I called this emergency meeting, because we have some contents to reveal to the council today. My son will also help lead this meeting."

"I Prince Cassien Ruves Valentino will help oversee this meeting alongside my father the Emperor. As many of you know or have assumed there have been investigated work going on especially towards the disappearance of Duke Castillo. However we believe that Duke Castillo is involved in the late Duke Eric Castillo and Duchess Lyra Castillo deaths." He revealed, "We believed they were murdered by him."

"What!"

"M-Murder?"

"Who did it then!" The Duke of Eastern Valentino shouted.

"Everyone silence." The Emperor said firmly.

"From thorough investigation we believe that Duke Daniel Castillo planned to murder his brother and his sister-in law during the accident. Though, he did not succeed completely because he failed to kill..." He looked away from their faces and sighed, "He had failed to kill Lyrica Castillo. Connecting it to past events there were reports that the two brothers had arguments, money from banquets were missing, there have been other connections as well that we are piling up into a file. Lyrica Castillo was poisoned during the Winter Banquet. We believe the Duke had planned that as well because we have a witness who overheard the Duke planning to kill her that day."

"Oh my goodness..."

"So the Duke Castillo...If he did do all those things."

"This news will most likely go out to the public by one of you here. Although there won't be consequences we need to face the public as there will be controversy and backlash. Right now, I want to focus on a project where we redo what the Duke has done all these years." Cassien proposed.

"What is the idea?" The Central Marquis Trinity asked.

"In this project we will be doing banquets, community work, we will also be increasing taxes on royals during this process. There are many victims other than the tragic deaths of the late Duke and Duchess that have been effected directly by the Duke. I want us all in here to start organizing plans to help fix what was done." Cassien was seen differently for the first time. The council looked at Cassien and saw that he was ready to step into his father's shoes, "Right now I will go over the layout of the plan. Jeremiah please bring in the presentation." The night before Cassien was able to organize a plan for his idea and compiled it into a digital presentation.

The councilmen took notes on what the presentation asked for. Cassien also placed his expectations on everyone on what he wanted to come out of this project. This project was titled Giving Back and it was ordered into three phases. The first phase would be the planning phase, plans to get materials, money, volunteers, workers, to help out. The second phase would be to take action and do the work. Then. Cassien presented the final phase to the council.

"We will be doing a charity banquet at the end. I expect everyone here to donate." Cassien ended the presentation, "Does anyone have any questions?" He then saw the Earl Montgomery raise his hand and he looked over to her, "Yes?"