Chapter 20: A Day Out

"Hey, where are your friends? Didn't you say they would be arriving like an hour ago?" Cassien looked at Lyrica.

Grey, Peter, Lyrica, and Cassien were waiting for Ryan and Lucia at Downtown Valentino. They couldn't meet them at the palace since visitors are restricted due to Cassien's Debuanté preparations. It was cold outside and Lyrica checked her phone to see that Ryan was trying to call her, so she answered her phone.

"Ryan where are you and Lucia? We've been waiting for a while..." Lyrica said to her.

"Our flight got delayed and we just arrived. We still need to check into the hotel and there's also stuck in traffic. Why don't you guys go inside a café for now? I'm pretty sure we'll be done in an hour." He sighed, "Sorry Lyrica you guys woke up so early too."

"Yea...It's fine we'll just meet you guys inside a café. I'll send you the address." Lyrica looked at the guys around her, "Their flight got delayed so they just told us to go inside somewhere for now. Are there any good café's?"

"There's one just down the street from here." Peter answered, "It should be open right now even though it's early."

"Alright, Ryan call me when you guys get here." She told him.

"Okay we'll see you in an hour." Ryan hanged up.

"So their flight got delayed and there's traffic? What a great combination." Cassien grunted as they walked to the café.

"Hey it's out of their hands." Lyrica told him, "If you want to blame someone just blame the author."

"That's true." Grey nodded his head, "Plus I need some coffee. I was at the training grounds for such a long time. I miss guarding Lyrica."

"Really?" She looked at him.

"He's only saying that because there's barely anything to do when he's watching over you." Cassien answered.

"Okay that's sort of true, but it's better than seeing a bunch of guys throwing up after running only eight miles."

"Eight..." Lyrica said a bit fearful. How could someone run that much.

After a few minutes of walking and talking they made it to the café. It was a small café and there was an old man working at the front cleaning up some of the machinery. He looked over and saw Peter, that was when his eyes lit up.

"Peter! It's been a long time." The old man said.

"Oh right everyone this is Mr. Hendrix, he owns this café." Peter introduced him.

"I haven't seen you seen you were a first year at school I believe?" Mr. Hendrix said.

"Yea it's been around three years at this point." Peter smiled, "This is my brother Cassien, his fiancé Lyrica, and Grey."

"It's nice to meet you." Cassien shook Mr. Hendrix's hand.

Mr. Hendrix adjusted his glasses and took a closer look at Lyrica, "My...You are Eric's daughter aren't you!"

"You know my father?" Lyrica cocked her head.

"Of course! He used to come to this café probably around the same age as all of you here. Along with father, the Emperor." He looked at Peter and Cassien.

"How old are you Hendrix..." Peter said, he was trying to calculate it in his head, but then Mr. Hendrix smacked his head.

"I'm still young!" He pointed out to Peter, "You know Lyrica." He looked at her, "For  you anything is on the house."

"Wow thank you!" She smiled at him.

"But, you boys pay with your own money."

"What!" Peter exclaimed.