Chapter 46: Aubrey

"You can't come into my house like this!" Aubrey shouted.

Grey, Peter, and Grey's squad came into Aubrey's house to investigate her father. She was angry at what the were doing, but deep inside she also wanted to know the truth. Next to her was Lyrica who was trying to comfort her.

"It's going to be fine." She reassured.

"It's not!" Aubrey said angrily.

"Check the basement." Peter ordered them, "You said no ones allowed, probably means there is something to hide." Peter said.

"Peter." Aubrey grabbed his arm, "I know my father and I know he wouldn't do anything like this!" She begged him.

"Aubrey—" Lyrica tried to pull him off, but she couldn't.

"No!" She snapped, "Don't you guys believe me?"

"Break the door open." Peter ignored her and went over to the basement door.

Grey broke the door open and his group went in first.

"This is ridiculous!" Aubrey looked at Lyrica.

"Aubrey just calm down."

"I'm not going to be calm—"

"Guys!" Grey yelled out from the bottom, "You guys need to get in here."

Aubrey and Lyrica looked at each other and rushed over down to the basement. It was the first time Aubrey had ever went down so she went slowly the first couple of steps. But, she suddenly stopped when she saw the whole place. Inside were a bunch of files and documents on the floor. All the guys down there were rummaging through the cabinets and drawers. But, what shocked her the most was the table that had the Kama plants.

"Aubrey..." Lyrica looked at the same view and she turned around to see Aubrey's face.

Aubrey was holding in her tears. She forcefully gripped her fists and ran back inside not wanting to see anymore of what was down there.

"Aubrey!" Peter tried to chase after her, but Lyrica stopped him.

"It's too much for her...Just let her go." She shook her head.

"Fine..." Peter knew he shouldn't force Aubrey and that he could always talk to her later, "Lyrica take a look at this." Peter showed her a handful of papers.

"These are..." Lyrica read through the documents.

Lyrica Castillo will be arriving the beginning of December.
She will be staying at Prince Cassien's Estate.
The most optimal time to poison her is the Debutanté.
They will give them the poison and after a few hours she will be poisoned.

"They wanted to poison me during the Debutanté...Then what happened?"

"Something went wrong with their plan." Peter suggested, "There's even more in the other pages." He pointed to them.

Lyrica Castillo will be having a Debutanté according to our insiders.
We will try for the third plan during that time.

"A third plan?" She questioned, "They are planning something on my Debutanté? Then what is it?"

"We're not sure." Peter said and placed his hands on his hips as he looked around, "This place is full of transactions and documents. It seems like they're all about the people who bought this plant. Its just..."

"What?" Lyrica turned to him.

"There amount of plants in here. There aren't a lot of them, I just find it weird that if you were a supplier I mean...There would be a place to take care of these plants. But, this basement isn't suited for doing that."