Chapter 40: To my Sister

Lyrica opened the door to her house and walked inside. What Peter said at school was resonating to her. She was leaning on the side of going, but she still wasn't sure. Lyrica walked into the kitchen and saw her grandmother cutting up fruits.

"Hey grandma."

"Lyrica! How was badminton practice?"

"It was good, I did well this time." Lyrica sat on chair at the kitchen table.

Her grandmother finished cutting the apples, orange, and melon. She placed it in front of Lyrica and skewered toothpicks on a few of the fruits for her.

"Is something bothering you?" Her grandmother sat across from her and took a bite of the fruit.

"Me..." Lyrica didn't know if she should tell her grandmother, but it came out anyways, "The second Prince visited me at school today."

"Oh he did?" Her grandmother's eyebrow raised up, "You should've invited him. He could be eating fruit with us right now."

"Grandma." Lyrica laughed at her comment, "I thought you would be angry like Aunt Mei."

"I would never be mad. I'm too old to hold onto the feelings. I want to live a happy life, I don't want to carry those useless emotions to my grave." She then grabbed another apple, "So why was the Prince at your school?"

"He wanted to ask me...Ask me about coming back to Valentino. He wants me to try to save my father's house."

"I see." Her grandmother nodded her head, "What is your heart telling you?"

"My heart?"

"Mhm, I said the same thing to Lyra when she didn't know if she should pursue your father."

"What did she say?"

"I need to go." Her grandmother answered, "That was what she said to me."

Lyrica stared at the fruit in front of her. Maybe this was the final push Lyrica needed to make her final decision. She did want to go deep inside, she didn't want to be afraid anymore and hide like a coward like she had been doing the past few weeks. For once she wanted to fix everything with her own power and also fix what she had done to Cassien.

"Seems like you want to go dear. Now you just have to face one more wall in front of you."

"That is?"

"Your Aunt."

Lyrica rolled her eyes, "She's never going to let me go." Lyrica groaned, "The fact that I almost died the first time I'm sure she would lock me in my room and home school me so I don't go. I just wish she understood me for once."

"Well Lyrica you just need to understand and talk to her. When she lost Lyra she was a different person. She actually flunked school."

"She did!" Lyrica exclaimed.

"Mhm, she flunked school because she didn't want to go. It took a while until we could convince her to go back to school. Even when she did she was barely keeping her grades up. Lyra's death really impacted her. She lost her sister someone who was close to her for more than twenty years."

"I see..." Lyrica nodded her head.

"Don't feel guilty. You just don't know because Mei doesn't like talking about these things. She hates the past and it's hard for her to confront it. I bet if Mei had one more talk to her...Maybe she would be different."

"One more talk..." Lyrica mumbled. Then it hit her on what she was going to do with her Aunt.

Later in the night Lyrica waited for her Aunt to come home from picking up Alice from badminton practice. Lyrica was sitting in the living room when she heard the front door open. First came out Alice then it was her Aunt who had some food she was carrying. Lyrica got up from the couch and went over to them.