Chapter 27: Christmas Banquet

"We are here outside the Valentino Royal Palace where group of aristocrats will be joining in the Christmas celebration with their annual Valentino Christmas Banquet! For our viewers who don't know the Valentino Christmas Banquet is a party where the top tier royals and important people from around the world join to raise money for charity! This annual event usually leaves to more than ten million dollars in money that will go to different charities throughout Valentino! Here we are covering as people come in to the Royal Palace! Hey!" The report woman looked at the cameraman, "Right there is the first Prince of Valentino! And his fiancé Lady Lyrica! Come on let's go talk to them!"

"There are quite a lot of cameras today huh?" Cassien looked down at Lyrica who was frozen, "H-Hey!" He shook her arm.

Lyrica snapped out of it and blinked her eyes, "What were you talking about?"

"Lady Lyrica! Your highness! Over here!" The reported called out.

"Ah...I guess we don't have much of a choice." Cassien pulled Lyrica with him to the reporter.

"H-Hey!" Lyrica then turned and Darcy was right in front of her.

"Gorgeous outfit today! I hear you both are wearing an Elizabeth's original?" The reporter asked.

Cassien looked over at Lyrica and she was smiling like a robot to the camera. He then sighed and began to spoke, "Yes we are wearing an original from Elizabeth, she is actually quite a close friend to me and Lyrica. Isn't that right honey?" He smiled over to her.

"R-Right! I designed this dress with her a week ago. It is a red satin a-line dress, with an off the shoulder neckline, she also gave me this white fluffy shawl." Lyrica explained to her calmly, "We're very thankful for her right?" She looked up to Cassien.

"Mhm." He nodded his head.

"So Lady Lyrica it is your first Banquet here at Valentino. We first saw you officially at the Prince's Debutanté and you made quite the entrance! You were trending worldwide at number one in the search engines! What do you look forward to today?"

"Wow I didn't even know that." Lyrica laughed and then composed herself, "Well, I'm looking forward to donating back to the Empire. I haven't been here in a long time and I feel like it's time give back."

"Beautifully said! Well I hope you both enjoy the Banquet! Over there I think that is the Duke of the South! Let's go!" The reporter ran to the other side with her cameraman.

Lyrica sighed out a relief, "That was a bit nerve wracking. Plus why didn't she ask you any questions." Lyrica pouted.

"Because they need to test you. The Empire still doesn't know much about you and they need to see how you'll answer to questions like that." Cassien explained.

Cassien and Lyrica walked into the Palace together and were greeted by the servants.

"Glory to the Empire your highness." They all bowed.

"Be at peace." Cassien said.

Sometimes Lyrica forgot about Cassien's presence and she was getting used to be greeted by the workers at different places.

"Hey you both!" Peter ran up to them and placed his arms around them from behind.

"Peter! I haven't seen you since morning." Lyrica smiled at him.

"Get your arm off of us!" Cassien shoved Peter away.

"My bad did I spoil the mood." Peter brushed off some parts of his suit.

"No Sien is just having fit." Lyrica joked at Cassien.

The trio walked over to the head table of the venue. At the head the people to be sitting there were the royal family along with Lyrica. Cassien pulled Lyrica's seat out for her and she sat down to see the view of guests. Everyone was dressed up in the holiday fashion and chattering away. Then Lyrica's eyes went towards someone else, it was Vivian. She had just arrived with the rest of the Castillo's. When their eyes met Lyrica saw that Vivian gave a little glare and looked away.