Prologue: The Garden

"Okay your highness I think that will be it for today's lesson." The tutor closed the book and looked back at the seat where the Prince read sitting it. Only to find it empty, "Seems like he left again." He sighed out.

Prince Cassien was the heir to the throne of the Valentino Empire. His days were filled with studying about being the next Emperor. But, after his lessons were done he enjoyed relaxing outside where no one would bother him. As he walked down the hallways the maids and butlers were bowing to him as he passed by, but he simply walked passed them. He walked towards the garden entrance and was finally free from the insides of the palace.

Today was a nice day, the sky's were blue, it wasn't too hot since there was a slight breeze from the wind, and the flowers has just bloomed since it was spring time. Cassien looked around at the rose bushes, they were a bright crimson red, almost like rubies. He made his way towards the center of the garden where there was a willow tree. Getting there was a bit of a puzzle for some people since it was surrounded by a bush maze, but for Cassien it was easy to get through since he had visited many times before.

As he brushed by the bushes with ease he made his way under the willow tree. The leaves were dancing in the winds and he felt calm. He laid down underneath the tree and used his arms as a pillow for his head. He slowly closed his eyes and felt at peace.

"Hey! You down there!"

He heard a voice calling out so faintly, but he decided to ignore it thinking it was coming from somewhere else.

"Hey! I know you can hear me! Help me down!"

Cassien was getting slightly annoyed and closed his eyes tighter than before.

"Look out!" The voice hollered out.

Cassien shot his eyes wide open when he saw something coming towards his face.

BAM!

"Ow..." the voice whined out.

Cassien felt something hard hit his torso and he was also in slight pain. He quickly got his upper body off from the ground and he looked at what had fallen in front of him. It was a small girl with short dark hair. She had a pink dress on and a bow that acted like a headband to hold her hair back.

"What the heck!" Cassien said to her, "Get off of me!"

The girl quickly got up from the ground and whipped the dirt and grass from her dress with her small delicate hands. She met Cassien's eyes and he was surprised to see her face. Her rosy cheeks were prominent, but what really stood out were her pink eyes that looked like jewels to him.

"What the..." he quietly said. Before Cassien could question her eyes he realized that she had some how gotten into the garden even though outsiders aren't welcomed in, "What are you doing here?" He furrowed his eyebrows, "People who don't live in the palace shouldn't be in here."

"I was playing out in the garden when I stumbled across the bush maze. But, then I got lost when I reached the center. So I decided to climb the tree to find the exit." She explained to him.

"Huh? You were playing in the gardens?"

"Mhm! My dad was here on a meeting and he brought me with him." Her head wasn't faced towards him but she was looking around to see her surroundings, "Why are you here? If no one is suppose to be here." She questioned.

"Do you not know who I am?"

"Hmm...Nope!" She said with glee, "But my name is Lyrica Castillo." She extended her hand towards him and helped him off the ground. He was slightly taller than her when looked up at him, "Do you know the way out?" She asked.