Chapter 14: Tea Party Conflict

"Uh Ava why am I dressed a bit more formal today?"

Ava was helping Lyrica for her outfit. She chose a black turtle neck, long pleated velvet skirt, and she got her a dark brown coat. She was wearing black stockings and she had to wear green high heels.

"You see Lady Lyrica, for tea parties you want to look your absolute best. Since this will be your first outing by yourself since the engagement. Although it sounds silly, the ladies will judge you based of your appearance."

"Oh..." Ava then placed a black beret on top of Lyrica's head, "Isnt this a bit excessive?"

"Nope! To be honest I did some research on what kind of clothes teenagers wear in the States, it seems like you guys like vintage looks? So I wanted to give you a Parisian look."

"Ah I see." Lyrica nodded her head.

Downstairs Cassien and Peter were eating breakfast by themselves. There was a bit of silence until Peter started to talk.

"So you have a meeting today?"

"What makes you say that?" Cassien looked up from eating his omelette.

"Your wearing something fancier than usual. I'm assuming it's one of those health of the empire meeting." He joked.

"It's not funny." Cassien said back, "But, yes. Father told me we had another meeting and he wants me to sit through it."

"Don't you ever get tired of those meetings? You barely say anything during them anyways right?"

"They're just training for the future."

"But, still? I mean why don't you kick back and relax for a while. Some normal people can call a day off or a sick day."

"I guess I'm just a workaholic." Cassien continued eating his omelette, "What are you going to do today?"

"I'm going to visit a couple of friends."

"Who?" Cassien raised his eyebrow.

"It's not those people, I know what your thinking about in your head." Peter narrowed his eyes at Cassien. He knew he thought he was meeting up with the people who had brought him trouble, but he wasn't.

"Well what you do is your own business. Your turning eighteen next year, so don't think I'm going to monitor you like before."

"Well that's nice I finally have a chance to breathe."

"Well you've been breathing for the past three years haven't you? Traveling around the world."

"Yea, and I'm actually proud of it." Peter talked back.

"Calm down it's not like I'm judging you for it."

"Well your tone—"

Lyrica then walked into the dining room and noticed they were about to argue again.

"Isn't it too early in the morning for this?" She looked at them and placed her hands on her hips.

"I mean Sien started it!"

"I literally just told you Peter that I wasn't judging your for traveling. I mean maybe before I was—"

"See!" Peter snapped and pointed his finger, "In your mind your always judging what I do!"

"Peter your just assuming things." Cassien said back, "You act like I'm always attacking you ever since you came back here. I just told you I'm going to treat you like an adult now, so act like one!"

"If you want to treat me like an adult then stop—"

"Calm down! Both of you!" Lyrica shouted and she closed her eyes to calm herself down.