Chapter 24: The Meaning of the Rose

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Lyrica crossed her arms at Vivian.

"I think we have some important things to talk about like this." Vivian held up a photo. In the photo it was a picture of Ryan and Lyrica sitting on the bench from a couple of days ago when he comforted her.

"T-This..." Lyrica was confused, "How did you get this?"

"I had a little help." Vivian smiled back at Aubrey.

"I happened to be passing around that area when I saw the both of you. Ryan and you make a great couple, it's probably true isn't it? It's always been true." Aubrey said to her.

"It's never been like that!" Lyrica exclaimed. She wanted to scream, yell, slap Vivian, but because this was such an important event she knew she shouldn't. But Lyrica knew if it wasn't his birthday she would've.

"C'mon Lyrica everyone and the whole school knows about it. Even during middle school, why do you think me and those girls did that to you?" Aubrey reminded her.

"That..." Lyrica gritted her teeth, "So what? You have a photo."

"A photo that I think the Emperor, Empress, and I think everyone out there should see right?" Vivian told her, "I think the Prince would love to see this."

"What's the point of doing this? He's not going to believe you all if I'm there to tell the truth." Lyrica said back.

"Oh really?" Vivian looked behind and signaled her friends to hold Lyrica's.

"H-Hey!" Lyrica's arms were grabbed by Vivian's friends, "What are you doing!" She yelled at her. As she was struggling to break free from their hands the crown fell on the ground.

Aubrey's eyes widened, she didn't realize this would escalate this much, "H-Hey...Isn't this too much..." she said in a fearful tone.

Vivian furrowed her eyebrows and slapped Lyrica's face, "You dare to yell out right now?" Vivian said in a stern voice. she then grabbed the crown from the ground and smiled, "I think this would suit me a bit more. Don't you think girls?" Vivian then grabbed Lyrica's hair and brought her face closer to her.

"Vivian!" Aubrey said worried.

" I want you out of my sight for once Lyrica. Get out of my life, I don't want you to see the light of day at all." She let go of Lyrica's hair in a rough manner, "I'll make sure of it."

"Hey!" Lyrica shouted and the girl's dragged Lyrica away. Lyrica was dragged into a storage room somewhere not too far away and the girls threw her into the room. Lyrica fell on the ground and she looked up at them, "You guys can't do this! Are you really going to follow that crazy girl's orders!" She shouted at them.

"We have no choice." One girl said.

"If we don't do this our status in this society would be messed up, sorry." The second girl then shut the door and locked it with a sword on the handle.

"Hey!" Lyrica got up and she tried knocking on the door, "Help me out here!" She yelled out. It was pitch back and cold inside the room. She couldn't see anyone or anything. To make matters worse she didn't have her phone on her.

I can't do anything can't I...That girl is insane!

- in the present time -

"Aren't you mad your highness?" Vivian asked Cassien, "Lyrica's obviously interested in another man and not you. I mean you can clearly tell in this photo she in enamored with this boy! I heard he's here tonight too right?"