Chapter 42: Acceptance

"Hello, yes this is Ariana. I wanted to talk about catering for the event. I was thinking we can do something nutritional, maybe a grain dish, a choice of meat or fish, and vegetables would be good for a main course. I think appetizers could be something simple." Ariana was on the phone with the catering company for the Banquet. She was going through the list on her document online on what she had to do.

Knock knock

"Hold on I'm on the phone." Ariana said to the person outside.

"It's me." She could tell it was Cassien's voice.

"Oh come in!" Ariana said and the door opened, "Hold on for a moment." She told Cassien.

He went over to a chair and sat on it. He had just came back from visiting a few towns, now he had to check up on Ariana to see how the planning for the banquet was going.

"Alright, I'll confirm the menu tomorrow. For now I think it's best to experiment with different ingredients to see what we can serve. Okay thank you bye." She hanged up on the phone and typed down the ideas they had onto her computer. She then stretched her hands out and clasped them together then looked at Cassien, "You came to visit?"

"My father wanted me to see how things were going for the banquet."

"Oh..." Ariana had thought he came on his own, "Well the planning is going pretty well. As you heard on the phone call I am trying to get the catering ready. I also need to make a few visits to the flower shop downtown for decorations tomorrow. You should come with me." She invited him.

"I'll see if I could make time for it."

Ariana noticed he seemed a bit uninterested in what she was saying and she was wondering what was on his mind.

"Anything happen? You seem a bit distracted."

Cassien looked up and gave a half-smile, "Quite a few things happened. Especially yesterday at Marlin."

"Like what?" Ariana said curiously.

"I saw Lyrica."

"What?" Ariana knew that Lyrica should be at the States, "What do you mean you saw her?"

"Well Peter invited her back into Valentino to help out with this project and to help out with the Castillo's."

"I see...I think that's wonderful. It must've been a hard decision for her to make given what she had to go through."

"Yea..."

"You don't seem so excited about it."

"Well I think it's obvious why I wouldn't feel so excited about it."

"You shouldn't blame yourself for what happened. I told you that before it was beyond your hands." Ariana sighed, "Did you talk to her?"

"I ran away from her."

"You ran away?" Ariana laughed.

"What's funny?"

"I remember the first time I met Lyrica she told us how you two met. You were the one chasing her, but now your the one running away from her." Ariana reminded him, "I think you should talk to her. I know it's hard, but don't you deserve some closure? What exactly are you afraid of that is making you run away from her?"

"The look on her face...When I saw it at the hospital. I never want to see it again."

"How did it make you feel?"

"How did it make me feel? I felt like I just broke someone precious to me...I...I like Lyrica. Even now, even if my father tells me not to. I just don't want to do that to her again."