Chapter 57: Ever After [END]

- 1 week later -

"C'mon you guys!" Lucia screamed, "Ugh! Hey ref c'mon!" Lucia was about to approach the referee when Lyrica grabbed her arm.

"Lucia calm down." Lyrica dragged her off the court, "Sorry about her." She apologized to the ref.

Lyrica had flown back to The States a few days ago. When she landed it was tournament season. Luckily, Coach Reed allowed her to play for singles since it was her last year. Though, she only placed second place. Lyrica was close, but she was glad she still finished strong despite having the majority of the season off. Lucia and Lyrica were now both watching Ryan's match. He qualified for finals and now he was playing for first time. The first time their school has ever gone to the finals for males.

"Lucia didn't I tell you not to shout at the refs! Your going to throw Ryan off." Coach Reed scolded her.

"But that was clearly out! Even Ryan and the audience could tell."

"There's not much we can do." Lyrica sighed, "Let's just sit down." She brought her back to the bleachers where their teammates were.

"He better win, it's the first time Logan would ever win a championship."

"If it's Ryan I know he can do it." Lyrica reassured Lucia.

"Hey you guys! I got the food!" Alice was carrying bags of nuggets and fries. She passed them to Lyrica and Lucia.

"Honestly after being in Valentino for so long I forgot what a chicken nugget tastes like." Lyrica popped one into her mouth.

"Hey I want to live that royal life. What were you eating lobster? Steak? Risotto?" Lucia pondered.

"Kind of. It usually depends what the Chef felt like cooking that day. My favorite meal was the potato soup."

"Ooo potato soup...That hits the spot." Alice's mouth was drooling.

They paid attention to the game again. It was Ryan's last set and the score was even. If he had won this next set he would win the whole tournament. Lyrica watched closely as Ryan rallied the shuttle cock back and forth to his opponent. It didn't seem like he was getting tired at all. Instead, it felt like he was getting all fired up.

Ryan was running up and down his square. His opponent was really trying to tire him out, but he wouldn't budge. His opponent then hit the shuttle cock poorly that Ryan was able to gain a point. This continued on for another fifteen to twenty minutes. The score was finally tied. Ryan needed to win by two more points. He looked at his opponent and served the birdie far away. His opponent, tiredly, hit the shuttle cock back. To his surprise Ryan dropped the shuttle cock diagonally so his opponent fell and couldn't reach it.

"Yes!" The girls cheered.

He needed one more point this time to win. It was Ryan's serve. He took a deep breath out and in. The crowd watched as he served the shuttle cock far in to the air. The opponent then dropped it in front of Ryan. To his mistake Ryan did the same move and dropped it diagonally again. The opponent couldn't make it to the front in time and dropped the shuttle cock.

They could hear Ryan's roar on the court as he won. The whole Logan badminton team ran over to him to hug him. Lyrica was extremely happy for him. Coach Reed even threw his clipboard to the ground because he was so excited that they had finally won a tournament.

After his game they did a ceremony to congratulate those who won. Although, Lyrica didn't win number one she was glad she had at least placed during her final year. She was even more happier that Ryan was able to beat someone from Mission during the tournament.