Chapter 26: What Happened?

"Your highness your lessons!" Thomas called out to Cassien.

"I'm taking a short break Thomas I'll be back." Cassien saw Lyrica walk passed his study room when he looked out the window and wanted to talk to her. He was roaming the hallways of the palace trying to find Lyrica. He saw one of Lyrica's pigtails at the corner of the hallway and yelled out to her, "Lyrica!"

He sprinted to the end and he saw Lyrica. Along with Lyrica there were two men standing by her sides. One of them was holding her hand.

"Lyrica! Didn't you hear me?" Cassien looked at the two guys. He didn't recognize them at one. One man had a hat on and a suit, the hat covered the face. The second guy almost looked the same, but was shorter than the first.

"Sien! My father was calling for me...So these guys came to escort me." Lyrica explained.

"I see..." Cassien narrowed his eyes at them, "Lyrica why don't you come and read a book with me?" He smiled at her. He knew there was something up since he didn't recognize these men and it seemed like Lyrica was in danger.

The guys quickly heard what he said and glared at Cassien. They could sense that there was something off about this boy.

"Duke Castillo wanted us to bring Lyrica to him. It was quite urgent." The tall guy spoke.

"From what I remember Duke Castillo is in a meeting with the Central political leaders of Valentino." Cassien cocked his head, "I'm sure he probably wanted Lyrica to come down later after the meeting finished."

"B-But, the Duke—" the small man spoke.

"The Duke is in a meeting, just who are you two? Are you servants in the palace?" Cassien questioned, "It seems like you two don't recognize who I am either."

Lyrica tried to let go of the man's hand, but he gripped on harder. Lyrica looked at the man frightened.

"L-Let me go..." she was shaking as the man held her.

"Be quiet, looks like we have to grab this kid too." He told his partner.

"Alright." The smaller man looked at Cassien.

"You are going to grab me?" Cassien cocked his head to look confused, but then smirked at them, "Try me." Cassien then ran up to the taller guy and kicked him in his private area.

"Y-You!" The tall guy fell on the floor.

"C'mon!" Cassien grabbed Lyrica's arm and they ran across the hallway, "Where are the Knights!" Cassien yelled out.

As the were running the smaller man walked up to them and placed a cloth over their mouths. Instantly Cassien and Lyrica knocked out. Lyrica faintly looked at Cassien and quietly called out his name.

"Sien..."

- 1 hour later -

Cassien's eyes shot opened he looked around and noticed he was on the floor. He looked at the room and noticed they he was in some sort of wooden shed.

"Lyrica!" He yelled out. He tried to get up but noticed his hands and feet were tied, but they weren't tied completely. He was able to undo the knots on his wrist and feet.

What the...

"Sien..." Lyrica got up from the floor. Her hands and feet were also tied and she looked at him, "Where are we?" She said confused.

"I'm not sure..." Cassien quickly untied Lyrica's knots and freed her. Then he heard the door unlock and the two man walked in with one more person. The man seemed a bit older, had blonde hair, and was wearing a mask over his face.