Chapter 43: A Child's Laughter

A week passed and the project at Marlin was finally complete. Everyone had finished their parts on making the orphanage a better place. After everyone was done Peter have a speech to all of those who helped out.

"Thank you everyone for volunteering from day one because of everyone here we were able to make this." He pointed at the orphanage building, "Later today we will have a party, but for now let's clean up all the stuff we don't need and load them pack into the trucks. The food and drinks are on me everyone!"

Everyone cheered in the crowd and dispersed to help clean up.

Lyrica and Aubrey looked at each other.

"Is he really paying for everything?" Aubrey felt like she had heard wrong.

"Honestly, I guess so." Lyrica answered.

"You two." Peter walked up to them, "Anabelle and the kids are going to pull up any time soon. We're going to give them a tour, along with James after he comes back from the bathroom."

"So you really buying everyone food here?" Aubrey asked, "Anything?"

"Whatever you guys want, I told you it's on me." He smirked, "See I am a capable guy." He pointed his thumb at himself.

Just then from a distance Anabelle and the kids were making their way towards the house.

"Is that then?" Lyrica questioned.

"Yea that is!" Peter waved at Anabelle and the kids.

Anabelle waved back and walked up to the three, "It's great to see you two again!"

"Of course, we are all here to give you all a special tour of the orphanage!" Peter said excited.

"We are honestly so thankful for this project and!" Anabelle looked at Paris who was holding a stack of letters.

"We wrote thank you cards for everyone here." Paris handed the cards to Aubrey.

"Wow." Aubrey flipped through the cards, "I'll be sure to give them out to everyone. They will be really happy." Aubrey then looked at Lyrica, "This is actually our friend Lyrica! She gave a hand with helping out here."

"It's great to meet you Lyrica." Anabelle extended her hand towards her.

"You too." She shook her hand.

"Why don't we get started on the tour?" Peter announced and get the kids excited.

They first showed them the outside yard. It was surrounded by a stone fence, that wasn't too tall, it was enough to see over the fence itself. They then led them inside the building. It wasn't just a house, but the entrance inside was big and had a couple of couches and chairs set out.

Most of the furniture was made from rattan and was made by a guy from Southeast Asia Peter met. They then led them to the kitchen which was bigger than the last one they had. There were already appliances for them to use such as, pots, pans, utensils, plates, hand mixers, and more. Connected to the kitchen was the dining room and there were birch wooden tables and chairs with fluffy seat pillows around it.

Next part of the tour were the bedrooms. There were two rooms for the girls and boys, each had 6 bunk beds on each one. There was also a bathroom connected in each of the rooms. The most exciting part of the tour for the children was the library, they had never seen so many books in their life. There were desks where they could do their homework as well.

But, the kids were even more surprised when Peter opened the room to the playroom.

"I think you guys will enjoy this part the most." Peter opened the door and inside was James and he pulled a string.