Chapter 49: Stories Before the Storm

"So what the hell happened this time? During his treatment he was doing fine!" Cassien shouted at the doctor.

"Sien calm down." Lyrica she looked at him with a disapproving look. She knew he was upset, but she knew now wasn't the time for him to shout, "Can you tell us?" She turned to the doctor.

"It seemed like he had a relapse. We just checked his blood results and it seemed like he still had poison in his blood."

"What?" Cassien was in disbelief, compared to when Lyrica had gotten poisoned his father wasn't getting any better.

"But didn't you guys give him the cure? He should be fine. I mean I didn't wake up until a couple of weeks, but afterwards I was clear of the poison. How could he have woken up and some how fallen back in?" She questioned it the doctor.

"Even we are unsure, we will be doing our best. No...we will do everything we can to find out what is happening." The doctor reassured them, "If you excuse me I need to tell the team about this." He walked out of the room and closed the door.

"It doesn't make sense!" Cassien yelled with anger.

"Hey." Lyrica changed her tone to a more serious one, "It's frustrating but you need to keep your cool. Being angry won't help with the situation. It just doesn't make sense...The only way this could have happened is if someone poisoned him. But there's no way to even get this room when the security is so tight..."

- a few days later -

A couple of days before Lyrica's Debutanté, she was making the final preparations with her grandparents along with Vivian. She had finally came out of her room after Lyrica had talked to her the previous time and she started contributing to Lyrica's plans.

"Do you think you'll have those items ready by then?" Lyrica asked Vivian.

"I already told you, I contacted the loading company and they said they'll have it in by Thursday morning. We should be fine." Vivian reassured her, "What I'm more worried about is that little speech. Have you even finished it?"

"Eh...I'm getting there..." Lyrica was lying through her teeth. Like a normal senior in high school her procrastinating skills kicked in and she didn't have a speech planned out. She was hoping to have at least an outline before her birthday, "It'll be the best speech." She joked.

"Yup..." Vivian then looked at her grandparents for answers.

"Oh I did tell Ava about the scholarships." Lyrica added and turned to her grandparents, "She said she would gladly accept them along with her sister. There were also a couple of more students right?"

"Mhm we looked through the applications and we found some students that fit the criteria." Her grandmother said, "You will be able to meet them just a few hours before your Debutanté. So make sure you are up early."

"Alright." Lyrica then checked her phone and saw it was nearing the end of their lunchtime meeting.

"You've been working hard these past few weeks Lyrica. Why don't you take a break?" Her grandfather proposed, "You deserve one. Plus continuing to work before your Debutanté isn't good for your health."

"He's right, you are turning into a workaholic like that robot of a Prince." Vivian bluntly said at the table.

"Vivian..." Lyrica wanted to laugh at her comment at Cassien, but she was reminded to her commented pointed to herself.

"Also Lyrica, who will be escorting you during your Debutanté?" Her grandmother asked.

"Uh...About that..."