Chapter 11: Downtown Valentino

A couple of days had passed at Valentino and Lyrica was getting adjusted to her scheduled routine. She would wake up every morning crush her teeth and wash her face. Then Ava would come in to help her choose an outfit for that day. Afterwards, she would go downstairs to the dining room to eat breakfast. Occasionally the Cassien would be there to eat,  but most of the days he had been busy. Then she would continue her lessons with Jeremiah until sunset. After it would be time for dinner and most of the time Cassien was there to eat with her. Now, it was time for her to finally see what's beyond the Prince's estate.

Lyrica walked downstairs as she was ready to head downtown for today to get fitted for the Debutanté dress. Ava picked a nice winter outfit, she was wearing a white turtleneck shirt, a black plaid mini skirt, a black blazer, black stockings, and she was given black boots. Thanks to Ava her outfits for the day were always classy and elegant to mimic the trends in Valentino. Unlike the states where vintage clothes were coming back, Valentino liked to keep it clean and neat.

Lyrica saw Grey waiting downstairs along with Cassien. The Prince was wearing a black turtle neck, a blue coat, and black slacks. Grey was in his usual Knight attire which consisted of. A black turtle neck and athletic pants.

"Your finally down." Cassien took a look at his watch, "I expected you to take longer."

"I don't take that long getting ready. Sometimes I just have a hard time figuring out what I want to wear."

"That's why you have Ava." Cassien reminded her, "Anyways, we should get going. Right now it shouldn't be too busy and afterward we'll come straight home."

"Wait were not going to do some sight seeing?" Lyrica was a bit disappointed.

Grey looked over to Cassien and he sighed.

"If we can get done early, maybe we can tour downtown a bit." Cassien gave in.

"Wait, if we go downtown what if we get recognized?" Lyrica got worried a bit. The paparazzi in America did freak her out a bit and she didn't want to experience the feeling of having cameras in her face again.

"We will be recognized, but downtown is where all the royals are at. A few public officials, notable important people, there won't be any paparazzi. I can reassure you that." Grey explained to her.

"Grey is right. In Central Valentino this is where most of the royals live. People who aren't of royal status usually live in the other areas of Valentino." Cassien checked his watch, "Well let's get going then."

Grey opened the door for them and outside was a black car waiting for the trio. They on their way downtown and Lyrica could finally see more of Valentino.

- downtown Valentino -

"Here we are! Take a look Lyrica." Grey pointed out the window.

Lyrica looked outside and everything looked completely different from the states. The architecture was a bit more European and outside the stores there were flower beds in little wooden rectangular boxes. She saw some people walking outside, and they were dressed so elegantly and looked rich wearing their thick colorful coats, dresses, and suits. Cassien got out of the car first and Grey went over to Lyrica's door to open it. She stepped out and she could feel the cold wind brushing on to her face.

"Does it ever snow here?" She asked Grey.

"Yea! We're getting close to the time of year where it snows." Grey replied.

"You know I've actually never seen snow before. Where I live it's mainly foggy and cold. It's also extremely hot during the summer time."

"Really? Well then this will be your first snow experience! Hopefully you'll have a White Christmas too." Grey smiled.