Chapter 7: City Night Lights

As they walked to the deck together Lyrica was looking at the ground the awhile time to make sure she didn't trip. She was given heels back at the boutique to make herself a bit taller. She wasn't used to it so walking on them were a bit new to her. But, she looked up once she saw Cassien standing still. Outside was a beautiful view of the city and the lights that were emitting from it. The whole scenery looked like a picture perfect scene from a movie. Lyrica never liked the city, but seeing it like this made it seem like an entirely different place.

"It's so beautiful isn't it!" The cold wind was blowing toward her face so she tucked in a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"I guess it is." Cassien placed his hands in his pockets and looked over at Lyrica who wasn't wearing a jacket.

Isn't it cold for her?

He took off his jacket and placed it nicely onto her shoulders, "Your going to get sick if you don't have one."

Lyrica turned to him and smiled softly, "Than—".

"I should've asked Montgomery to give you one." He sighed, "Now I'll be the one cold and sick."

Lyrica narrowed her eyes at him after hearing his comment, "If you didn't want to give it to me then just take it back." She grabbed the jacket, but he quickly stopped her.

"Just keep it!" He said in an annoyed tone and placed it firmly onto her shoulders, "I was just joking with you."

"Fine." Lyrica placed crossed her arms and continued to look at the view.

Cassien then remembered something from their time at the mall, "Hey you still never answered the question I asked when were at that place. The place with a ton of clothing stores."

"The mall?"

"Yea that place. How did you meet your friends, what were their names again? Ryan and Lucy?" He tried to remember.

"You mean Ryan and Lucia." She smiled at his mistake with Lucia's name, "I met Lucia a bit later after Ryan. We became close friends in seventh grade when we had this strict English and social studies teacher together. We were kind of like two peas in a pod when our teacher sat us next to each other. Ever since then we've just always stuck together. With Ryan it's a bit different, I met Ryan when I transferred in elementary school."

Cassien looked over to her as she explained how she met Ryan.

"That young? So you both are like childhood friends?"

"Pretty much you can say that" she nodded her head, "We met during a time when kids would tease  me. You see I was the new kid when I came to this city. I didn't know anyone literally since I woke up from the accident. When I went to a completely new environment I kind of froze. A lot of the kids made fun of my eyes, because of their color." She smiled looking back at that time, "It was easy to poke fun at me since I was scared of everyone. That's when Ryan came in."

"What did he do?"

"He told them off a lot of the times. Telling them they were immature and that he was going to call the teacher." She laughed, "Afterwards they would call him a snitch, but it kept them away."

"What's a snitch?" He wasn't familiar with that word.

"It just means someone who tattle tales to someone. It's such a stupid word thinking about it. Being called that word, even though you are doing the right thing. But, that's how we became friends. He would always sit with me during lunch and we would go to each other's birthday parties. Those were the fun days then we had to grow up a bit, but we still act childish since it's okay to act like a child sometimes. He was also there for me when..." Lyrica's eyes saddened just thinking back on that piece of memory. So she decided not to mention it to Cassien, "Let's just say he was really there for me at a point in my life."