LIII. Quiver

Next Day

       It was around lunch time when I got a call from Johnny

It was around lunch time when I got a call from Johnny. I picked it up as I finished making myself a sandwich.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked as I cut the sandwich in half.

"I just got a call from Bobby.." He said. Holy freaking shit!

Bobby Brown?! I began to smile widely.

"Wait no way?! Are we gonna have a reunion or something?!" I asked excitedly.

His tone didn't match mine at all. "Or something.. It's not good." He said in lower tone.

My smile lowered, this is when I found out that our old friend Tommy has cancer.

Bobby called Johnny to invite him up to see Tommy. So now, we had just packed our bags and were on the road to the hospital Tommy's at.

It's a bit of a drive since it's not near us. This wasn't really a happy situation, so it was kind of awkwardly silent in the car.

Johnny tried to make conversation once in a while but he knows that both of us are feeling sad about Tommy's condition.

"Well, on the bright side of this situation, we get to have a reunion in a way." He said to me with a sympathetic smile.

I looked at him from the front of the road and smiled

I looked at him from the front of the road and smiled. He took one of his hands off of the wheel and held it out to me.

I looked at it and put my hand in it, and we kept our hands holding for the rest of the drive.

...

Johnny finally got to this hospital and pulled into the parking lot. Johnny let go of my hand to turn his car off. I took my seatbelt off and got my purse too.