The Beach Party

The Next Day

    It was now Sunday, exactly a day since we moved in

It was now Sunday, exactly a day since we moved in. I had to go to the party in an hour so I started to get ready. I took a quick shower and got dressed in some jean shorts and a pink shirt. I brushed my hair and put on a little makeup.

I put my sandals on and grabbed my purse. "Bye mom, I'm going to the party." I yell as I walked to the door. She looked up from the newspaper, sitting on the couch.

"Wait woah there. You cant just leave like that? Who's party is this and where?" My mom had panicky asked. "Don't worry ma, it's just the kid next doors party. He's cool." I told her, trying to get her to let me go even though I don't actually know what I'll be getting myself into.

"You better come home in one piece or I'll be hunting this kid next door." She said half jokingly. I laughed, "I'm eighteen mom, I'll be fine." I said then walked through the door.

I got my walkman and head set and started to play Maniac by Michael Sembello, since it was like a 10 minute walk to Daniels apartment.

I walked to his apartment, and just enjoyed my music. I got this walkman for Christmas last year, and I have never spent a second not using it. It was probably one of the best gifts I have ever gotten in my entire life.

I finally arrived at the apartment, where both Daniel and Freddy were waiting. I smiled and put my headphones around my neck. "Hey." I said.

They smiled and waved. "Cool walkman." Freddy said. I looked at my walkman and smiled. "Thanks." I awkwardly said.

"We ready to go party?" Freddy says in excitement. Me and Daniel laughed and nodded. Freddy smiled and got into his car.

Daniel offered for me to sit in the front, but I kindly declined. I went to sit in the back seat and Daniel sat in the front. Then Freddy took off and we drove to the beach.

After about 20 minutes, we finally arrived at the beach. I was listening to music on my headphones since Daniel and Freddy were talking about boring things.

"Welcome to Cali." Freddy says as he parks his car. I took my headset off and put it in my bag. We all got out of the car and Freddy went to his trunk to grab a couple of towels.

We started to walk to the crowd of boys. Freddy introduced me and Daniel to some of the guys. I was pretty silent since I was the only girl there. There were other girls sitting near us. I was debating wether or not if I should go to sit with them instead.

"Not to kick you out of our group Serena, but I wanna introduce you to the girls sitting over there." Freddy told me. I smiled and nodded.