First Impressions

Monday

      I woke up to the sound of the static from my record player, since I listened to music last night

I was surprisingly excited to get to school on a Monday morning. Well it is my last first day of high school, finally. High school has been so tiring for me so I am glad that it is almost over.

I got out of my bed and jumped in the shower-When I finished, I blew dried my hair and put some makeup on.

I decided to wear something cute but simple. I put on some blue mom jeans and a white and blue patterned shirt.

I walked out of my room and made my way to the kitchen. "Morning." I say to my brother and mom.

"Morning hon. You ready for school?" She asked as she poured me a bowl of cereal.

"I guess." I say with a sigh. She nodded and gave me my cereal. "Thanks." I say and turn to my brother who looked nervous.

"How bout you? You ready for you first day of high school?" I asked while playfully nudging my brother.

"Kinda??." He says nervously. I patted his back, "You'll be fine." I say as I get up after I finished eating a few bites of cereal.

"Oh- honey don't you need a ride?" She offered. "I'm riding my bike!" I say with a smile, I grabbed my book bag and waved.

I met up with Daniel to ride our bikes to school together. It's nice to have someone close to your house.

We parted ways as soon as we got there, as Daniel had acted as if he'd seen a ghost.

After I rode the bus to school, I got off and walked right to the front of the school. I spotted Grace and waved. She smiled and kissed Jordan on the cheek before walking over to me.

"Hey, Serena." She said with a smile. "Hi." I say as I looked behind her and met eyes with Johnny.