XXVII. The LaRusso's

The Next Day

     "Hey honey, do you want some pasta for dinner?" My mom asked from the doorway of the guest room

"Hey honey, do you want some pasta for dinner?" My mom asked from the doorway of the guest room. I was fixing my hair into a half up/half down hairstyle.

"Sorry mom, I'm going to Daniels house for dinner tonight." I said as I finished putting a bobby pin in my hair. She sighed and nodded.

"Ok, I'll just make enough food for me and James." She said. I gave her a thumbs up as she left.

I'm hoping maybe this dinner will distract me from my thoughts about Johnny. I honestly don't know know why I'm so bothered. We aren't even dating so why the hell do I care if he's dating 4 girls.

And plus, I'm going on a date with Thomas in a couple days. I think it's just what Johnny said, that 'he didn't give a shit'.

That didn't feel very great, I mean if he just had let me finish, who knows! We could be having a nice date on the beach or something.

I shook my head at the thought, I need to move on. I just don't like having this much tension between us.

I finished putting some makeup on and stood up from the vanity. I was wearing some blue jeans and a tucked in floral box t-shirt. I wanted to stay formal since Daniel is all fancy now.

I put on some low leveled heels that were black and put my purse over my shoulder. I looked at the necklace that Johnny had given me. I thought about not putting it on, but I cant.

I took it and put it on myself. Just because we aren't dating doesn't mean we have to be strangers, right?

I took my phone out and opened the text app. I went to Johnny's contact. I was about to text him something but I saw the little grey bubble, meaning he was texting me something.

I concentrated hard on the moving bubble, what was he going to say? After staring at it for 1 minute, the bubble went away.

"Really?" I say disappointedly. I rolled my eyes and put my phone in my pocket. I wasn't going to try to text him something, I don't even know what to say. Like what am I even supposed to tell him?

I walked out of the guest room and got the car keys. "Bye guys." I say to my mom and James who were in the kitchen cooking.

"Bye!" They say back in unison. I walked out to the car and got in. The engine roared as I turned it on. Then I began to drive away, heading to the LaRusso's.

After 20 minutes of driving, I finally got to Daniels house. I pulled up behind a car that was in the driveway. His house is actually really nice. A big difference from his home back in '84.