XXII. 33 Years Later

2018

     So it's been a good 30 years or so, well, somewhat good

So it's been a good 30 years or so, well, somewhat good. I had a great relationship with Johnny, he was the love of my life. We loved each other, we had great times together.

But, like all stories, we had to close the book. During those months leading up to graduation, I got into a medical school in Utah.

He never planned on going to a college, he wanted to stay in California for a while to figure things out. As much as I loved him, I knew I had to start a new chapter in my life.

So we cherished every last moment we had together. We continued dating during summer, we even thought of maybe being in a long distance relationship. But I think we both knew that it wouldn't end well.

Before I went off to college, I did what I said I would do. I got that jerk Kreese fired. Who knows what he's doing now, but at least he wasn't in contact with any of the guys.

Then once September came around, it was time to say goodbye to Johnny. I still remember that day at the airport, when I was about to get on my plane to Utah. I wasn't sure if I'd ever see him again.

I remember holding onto him so tight, crying in his shoulder

I remember holding onto him so tight, crying in his shoulder. He cried too, the toughest guy in school cried.

I was pretty lost the next few months, I didn't know if I would ever find anyone like Johnny. Someone who truly loves me.

I dated a couple other guys in my past 30 years. The first guy, Ralph, was a jerk. He and I dated for almost 2 years. But I later found out he was cheating on me for half of our relationship. So I broke up with him.

Then a few years later, I dated this guy named Paul. He was nice, he wasn't Johnny though. I liked him a lot, we even got engaged. But, knowing my luck, he called off the marriage to be with his high school love. So I guess he wasn't actually nice.

Sometimes I wish I could've just done that with Johnny. We could've made thing work between us. We could've gotten married, had kids, and lived a happy life. But it's too late now. He could be married, and have kids and have that happy life I wanted.

Anyways, I graduated med school in 1990 and I have been working as a surgeon for 20 years now. I actually got offered a better role in a hospital back in good ole Encino. It's actually pretty funny.

So here I am now, a 43 year old, on a plane back to where I spent the best year of my life. My mom still lives there, but she's upgraded to a bigger house in Encino. She got a better job that payed way more than before.

My brother is a lawyer now, living with his wife in Paris. He's very lucky, we never see him much though. He doesn't even come to celebrate holidays with us. I actually never went down to Encino to celebrate with my mom. She always came up to Utah.

I don't know why I never wanted to go back. I guess I just wasn't ready to re-live some of my old memories.

It's been a few hours on the plane, I woke up to the sound of the pilot saying something on the speaker

"Alright folks, we have arrived to lovely Los Angeles." The pilot announced with an enthusiastic voice. I smiled to myself and looked out the window.

Home sweet home.

a/n: ahh hi lmao. ok so i made serena 43 so that means that both johnny and daniel will be 43 as well in this story. i know they are really in their mid 50s but it better fits my story if they are a bit younger (the math of the years won't add up but it doesn't matter lmao). anyways hehe i hope y'all enjoyed that lil cliffhanger on the previous chapter 😂💖