XXX. Turning the Page

The Same Day

      It was now around 3 pm

It was now around 3 pm. I haven't heard from Johnny so hopefully he's doing alright. For the past hour I've been shopping at a mall for some household items.

I made my way into Macy's because I know they have some good kitchen supplies. I started to look at some plates and bowls until I heard a familiar, warm voice.

"Hello Serena." The voice said. I turned around and smiled when I saw Thomas.

"Oh, hi Thomas!" I say. He smiled and waved. "What are you looking for?" He said as he came up beside me.

I sighed and shifted my weight to my left leg. "I'm looking for some household items because I'm moving into my new apartment really soon." I explained.

He nodded and picked up a cool looking coffee maker

He nodded and picked up a cool looking coffee maker. I was in awe of how complex it looked. "Wow, that's a good one!" I say looking at the coffee maker. I have an obsession with coffee.

He smiled and looked at me. "Great! It will look great in your apartment." He said as he put it in his cart. My eyes widened, "Oh no, no you don't have to." I said sheepishly.

He shook his head and began to stroll away. "Don't worry darling, it's a present from me now!" He said with a smile. I laughed softly and nodded.

He motioned his head, telling me to walk with him. This was a true gentleman.

We walked around Macy's and a few other stores together for another hour. He helped me pick out the right stuff for my apartment, which was very helpful.

I actually had a lot of fun with him today. We kept joking around at some of the items we found in stores. And plus he bought me that coffee maker.

We started to walk out of the mall with a ton of mags in our hands. "Thank you for the coffee maker, and for your help." I said to Thomas.

He smiled and nodded, "It was my pleasure." He said. I smiled and looked away from his emerald green eyes, that literally sparked like real emeralds.