XXV. Back in the Game

9:00 AM, Tuesday

      I woke up at 9 in the morning

I woke up at 9 in the morning. I forgot where I was, but then remembered I was at Johnny's apartment.

I slowly sat up and looked around. His place needed to be fixed. I got up from the couch and started to straighten it up. I cant let him live in a mess.

After about 15 minutes, his apartment was cleaned and tidy. I stood there and looked around, I proudly nodded and walked to Johnnys room.

I opened his door to go and wake him up. He was all snug in his bed. I smiled as I walked over to his side. I forgot how cute he looked when he was asleep.

"Johnny." I say in a whisper. He didn't open his eyes. I lightly pushed him, making him wake up.

He opened his eyes and smiled at me. "Morning." He said tiredly. I smiled and backed away for him to sit up.

"We could probably go to the dealership soon if you want." I said. Johnny was now sitting up, looking up at me from his bed.

"Yeah, I can make us some breakfast too." He said as he yawned. I smiled and nodded. "Ok!" I say happily.

Johnny got off of his bed and smiled at me. He walked out of his room and I followed him. He went to the kitchen and opened his fridge.

There was barely anything in there. Johnny scratched his head and laughed a little. "You want some fried baloney?" He asked.

I laughed a little, "Let's just go get some coffee from somewhere." I say as I rubbed his back. He smiled and closed the fridge. He looked to me and kissed my cheek.

"That'll be better." He said. I smiled as he pulled away from my cheek, I swear this is like high school all over again.

"Alright, let me see if there's a coffee shop we can walk to." I say as I made my way to his couch.

"Ok, I'm gonna take a quick shower and then we can go." He said as he walked to his bathroom. I smiled and nodded at him.

I don't know why things are so awkward with us. It's just so weird, being madly in love with someone, leaving them for 30 years and then reuniting with them again.

I eventually found a coffee bean that was around the corner from his apartment. I stood up as he opened his door, he was wearing a new outfit.

He walked out with a smile. He brushed passed me to grab his jacket. It's funny, he still smells the same.

"You ready to go?" He asked as he shrugged his jacket on. I grabbed my purse and made my way behind him. "Let's go." I say.