XVI. Balance

Friday

       It's been a couple of days since me and Johnny's fight

It's been a couple of days since me and Johnny's fight. We've been avoiding each other since then. I miss him a lot, I honestly can't stand not talking to him.

It was 4 pm on Friday night, tomorrow was the tournament. And it was Daniels birthday, so I'm heading to Mr. Miyagi's house to celebrate with them.

I got the house and Daniel had just arrived and was parking his bike. He looked over to me and smiled.

"Hi." He says softly, he knows what was going on between me and Johnny.

"Hey! Happy Birthday!" I say cheerfully and pulled him into a hug. He laughed and hugged me back.

"Thanks." He says. We pulled away and started walking to Miyagi's front door.

"So.. Have you talked to Johnny?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

I frowned and shook my head. "No, have you talked to Ali?" I said. He was having an issue with Ali too, since that whole debacle at the country club.

"Nope." He said sadly. I smiled weakly and patted his back. "Well let's not worry about that right now, it's your birthday!!" I say as my mood changed to happiness.

He smiled and nodded, we opened the door and walked into Mr. Miyagi's house.

"Ah, Happy birthday Daniel-san!! Hello Serena-san!" Mr. Miyagi says he excitedly. We both smiled and greeted ourselves.

We sat at this little table and Mr

We sat at this little table and Mr. Miyagi put a birthday hat on Daniel, which made me and Daniel laugh.

Daniel ate his cake and started to open presents. I tried to pay attention but my mind was on Johnny. I really want us to be ok.

Daniel got a white gi from Mr. Miyagi. He loved it. I gave Daniel my present, it was a bike charm. He laughed at it and thanked me.

"Oh shoot!" Daniel says in disappointment. "I'm so sorry Mr. Miyagi, I gotta go! My moms making me a cake and is having this surprise thing for me." He said.