XXXIV. The Truth

The Same Night

     I quickly got my phone out of my pocket and called the police, just so they can get here to help me if I need any help

"911, what's your emergency?" A lady on the other side asked. I started to feel my heart beat grow faster and faster.

"I think someone broke into my apartment, I don't know if they are still in there or not, could you send the police to the complex next to Rainder Street?" I asked in a very quiet tone.

I heard the lady click some things, probably looking up something.

"Yes ma'am, what I need you to do is to just evacuate the building and wait outside for the police." She said.

"Ok, thank you." I said and hung up immediately. Hell no, I'm not waiting for my stuff to be stolen.

I put my phone in my pocket and started to open my door slowly. I didn't want to turn my lights on to cause a huge beam of light.

So, I took my phone back out and turned the flashlight on. I began to quietly search each room and I still haven't found anyone.

But all of the sudden I heard a little crash in the next room, my bedroom.

I quickly went to that side of my apartment and stood by the closed door. I then took a deep breath and opened the door and flashed my light around the room.

There was the great Thomas Young. His hand holding a bag and his other hand holding my jewelry.

He just froze and stared at me

He just froze and stared at me. "Shit." He said. I was so confused and shocked.

"What the hell?" I said sternly. He breathed out and shifted his weight to his other leg.