XXVIII. Mercy

A Couple Days Later, Friday

     It was the next day, I had a date with Thomas in a half an hour, which was 2:30

It was the next day, I had a date with Thomas in a half an hour, which was 2:30. I'm kind of nervous.

I don't even know this guy, I honestly only said I'd go out with him because I was upset with Johnny.

But this is probably for the best. I feel like ever since I moved here I've just been constantly fixated on Johnny.

I was wearing white jeans today and a pink, silk tank top with a beige cardigan. I put on my necklace and waited outside of the house. Thomas was picking me up.

A white car pulled up in front of the house, he rolled his window down. "Hello darling." He said with a charming smile. I smiled and waved.

I got into his car and sat in the passenger seat. "You look very nice." He said as he looked me up and down. I chuckled softly, "Thank you." I say.

He smiled and began to drive. "So I was thinking we could have a late lunch at this cool restaurant." He said. I smiled and nodded. "Okay." I say.

We drove in the car for 10 more minutes and then we finally got to this restaurant. He helped me out of the car.

We then walked into the restaurant and got a seat. The waitress took her notebook out and smiled at us.

"What drinks can I get you two?" She asked.

"I'll have a water please." I say. Thomas smiled, "I'll have a coke please." He said. She smiled and nodded. After she wrote the orders down, she walked away.

  After she wrote the orders down, she walked away

Thomas just looked at me, I felt really awkward. I don't usually go on dates with someone that I just met.

"So, did you have work today? Your dressed very nice." He said. I looked down at my outfit and smiled.

"No, I don't start work until like April. I have an event I'm going to tonight with a friend." I explained. He smiled and nodded.

We were just quiet for a second. It wasn't like this with Johnny, I always was comfortable around him.

"So what about you? Did you get off of work?" I asked, trying to make things less awkward.