XIII. New Student

Next Day, Tuesday

       Tonight was the night of the Encino dance

Tonight was the night of the Encino dance. I'm honestly really nervous to meet Johnnys mom. I'm afraid she's not going to accept me, since I'm not from the hills.

I got to school with Daniel after practicing more karate with Mr. Miyagi. It was now my second period, already.

I walked to the back of the room, my usual spot. I sat down as another kid sat down next to me. He looked new. He had dirty blonde locks, not as pretty as Johnnys. He had brown eyes and wore a crooked smile.

"Hi, my names Trenton. I just transferred schools." He says as he held his hand out to shake.

I smiled at him and shook it. "I'm Serena. It's nice to meet you." I say kindly.

He smiled and nodded

He smiled and nodded. We both got our notebooks out and started copying down the notes that were on the board.

"So Serena, that's a really pretty name." He said as he looked at his paper.

I smiled and chuckled softly. "Thanks." I say, semi awkwardly. "Where you from?" He asked, looking back up at me.

"I'm from Reseda." I say shyly. He smiled and nodded.

"That's cool, I'm from Encino." He says confidently. I nodded and looked back to my paper.

"There's a dance tonight in Encino, you seem like the kind of girl who'd go. Are you?" He asked as he gave me a flirtatious smirk.

I couldn't help but laugh at his attempt to hit on me.

"Uh, yeah. I'm going." I say with a fake smile.

He smiled and nodded. "Cool." He says. We didn't talk much after that, the class went by pretty quick actually.

The bell rang and I got up and my way to the door. Trenton ran up beside me, eager to say something else to me. I looked to him and smiled.

"Yes?" I say with a small laugh. He smiled and looked away.

"Nothing, I just wanted to walk with you." He said. I giggled and shook my head. I walked out the door and made my way to my locker with Trenton.

He seems pretty nice. I mean, it wouldn't be bad if I had another friend that isn't the cobras.

I saw Johnny leaning on my locker. He looked over to me with a smile but quickly changed his emotion when he saw Trenton. I smiled weakly at him, confused at the sudden change of emotion.

"Hey babe." I say as I walked over to Johnny. He quickly wrapped his arm around my waist and held me tightly to his side.

I smiled and looked up at him. His emotions were very strange; his face was showing fear, anger and maybe jealousy.

"Johnny. Long time, no see." Trenton says as he crossed his arms and puffed his chest.

I felt Johnny tense up so I wrapped my arm around his waist and rubbed his back to comfort him.

"Why are you here?" Johnny says through his teeth

"Why are you here?" Johnny says through his teeth. Trenton laughed and gave a sly grin.

"I was transferred. This beautiful young lady, Serena, is in my class." He says as he stepped a little closer. I'm very confused at why they are acting like this. They obviously know each other, but how?

"Thats great." Johnny says with a menacing smirk. Trenton laughed and nodded. "Ok, I'll see you at the dance Serena. Maybe save me a dance?" He said as he gave Johnny one last look.

"Uh- sure?" I say as I waved to him. Johnny kept his arm tight around me and was looking back at Trenton who was walking away.

"Sooo, do you too have beef or something?? Like you look upset." I say as I let go of him to face him. He was frowning in anger.

"No, it doesn't matter. Let's just say he's an old friend of mine." He says as his frown turned to my favorite lil smirk of his.

I smiled and rubbed his shoulders. "Ok." I say. There's got to be more to that. If he was a friend, something must've happened between them.

"Anyways, so I'm picking you up at 5. Alright?" He said, his voice was a little shaky. I tried to read his face, he was definitely trying to hold back his anger or fear.

"Yeah." I say as I put my hand on his face. His clenched jaw softened as I stared into his eyes. I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. He brushed through my hair as I kissed him, then pulled away as the bell rung for the next class.

"See ya later." He said then left. I smiled and waved. I really want to know why he got so tense when Trenton showed up. Maybe Grace would know.

It was third period now, geometry. I walked to my seat which was next to Grace. She gave me a tired smile and continued to stare down at her papers.

"What's wrong with you?" I say as I say down next to her. She held her head in her hands and mumbled.

"I stayed up til 3 am last night working on this stupid homework." She said tiredly. I laughed and nodded.

"Ah, yeah the homework was pretty hard." I say as I got my homework out.

"So I have a question.." I say hesitantly. She looked up and out her hands down.

"What's up?" She asked.

"So there's this guy named Trenton. He's always lived here and Johnny has a pretty strong reaction to him. Im not sure if you know of anything about that." I asked eagerly.

She shook her head in confusion. "I've never heard of a Trenton." She said. I furrowed my brows as I tried to think how this guy could have such an impact on Johnny.

The last thing I want Johnny to feel is anger and fear. I just want him to feel safe and positive, especially with his tournament coming up on Saturday.

It turns out Trenton is actually in another one of my classes. I didn't want to ask him, I felt like maybe it'd stir something up. He seems like a really nice guy, maybe he's another Daniel kind of guy.

That's it, Johnny probably tormented Trenton. But why is that something Johnny can't say himself?

a/n: hii! so this is sort of a short chapter, but this is sort of like a part 1/2 kind of thing. sooo ya trenton is a new character, and you guys will find out what his story is about with johnny in the next couple of chapters. anyways, i hope y'all are enjoying this so far. 💖💖💖