X. Chores

The Following Sunday

     It's been a few days since my date with Johnny

It's been a few days since my date with Johnny. At school, I felt we've just been getting closer and closer.

I decided to take a walk this morning because I was getting bored with just sitting in my house. I swear my family needs to get a board game or something, it's so boring.

I put my jacket on over my pajama shirt and some leggings, I was too lazy to change.

I brought my walkman as well and turned on some music. I chose Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac.

I made my way to the sidewalk and started walking down the street. I was enjoying the cold mist of the winter air.

I passed by Daniels apartment, I saw him and that guy walking out. I took my headphones off and I crossed the street to get to them.

"Hi Daniel." I say happily once I got across the street.

Daniel looked at me and smiled. "Hey!" He says. "Oh Serena, this is Mr. Miyagi." He added, introducing me to the older man.

He smiled and shook my hand. "Hello, Serena-san." He said. I smiled and chuckled to myself.

"So what are you guys up to?" I asked.

Daniel looked at Mr. Miyagi then to me. "Oh he's training me for the tournament." Daniel said. I nodded and smiled.

"You teach karate?" I asked Mr. Miyagi.

He nodded and smiled. "Welcome to join if you like." He offered. My eyes widened at the thought. I mean I did want to learn karate.

"Uh, well I'd feel bad for butting in like this." I say with an awkward laugh. Mr. Miyagi shook his head and patted me on the shoulder.

"Not butting in, my pleasure." He said. I smiled and nodded. "Well, ok then!" I say lightly. Both Mr. Miyagi and Daniel smiled.

"Ok, let's go then." Daniel said lightly pushing on my back to show what way we were going. We got into, i'm assuming, Mr. Miyagis car. He made Daniel drive and I sat in the back.

•