XLIV. The Tournament

Same Day

      Johnny gave all the students their more 'formal' uniforms-The same ones that Johnny and the guys wore in 84

Me and him just wore our usual gi's. We were both waiting outside of the locker room for all the kids to get dressed.

I felt him looking at me, which made me smile. I turned my head to look at him and he smiled.

"What is it?" I asked him with a smirk. Usually if he looks at me for a long period of time he wants to say something to me.

He chuckled softly and got something out of his pocket. He then pulled out a key and handed it to me.

I looked at him with a confused look, "Is that a key to your apartment?" I asked with a small smile.

He nodded and smiled even more. "You don't have to move in, since you just recently moved.. But you are welcome to come to my place whenever." He said sweetly.

I smiled and gave him a kiss, his hands cupped my face perfectly.

I pulled away and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm gonna need to get a key for you now." I said with a smile.

He smiled and shrugged, "You don't have to." He said sheepishly.

I shook my head and kissed him once more, "Of course I will, I want to." I said as I pulled away.

He smiled and stroked my cheek-This was really bringing back memories of when I cheered him on at the tournament.

"Uh senseis?" We both heard Miguel say from beside us. We looked towards him and I quickly lowered my arms and back away from Johnny.

Miguel chuckled a tiny bit, "Um does this look good?" He asked as he showed off his gi.

I looked at Johnny who was smiling proudly. "You look like a badass, so yes." He said.

I smiled and nodded once Miguel looked at me. "Good, well what should we do now?" He asked as the rest of the kids all came out.

"Make a badass entrance." Johnny said. I smiled and chuckled softly.

We all got the kids lined up and ready to get out there. Me and Johnny stood at the back, waiting for our dojo to be called out.

"Alright, get ready you guys." I told them as the announcer was getting ready to call us out.

"-From Reseda, returning to the Tournament, we have-"
The announcer started to say but immediately was interrupted by the kids.