XLII. A Rollercoaster

The Same Day, Evening

      Robby and I both found Daniels he was doing this one-handed hand stand

I widened my eyes, I don't remember learning that.

"Mr. LaRusso?!" Robby said with shock.

"Huh?" Daniel said in surprise and then fell down to the ground.

We both ran over to him to help. "I almost did it." Daniel said in a grunt.

"Almost." He added as he sat up. Robby look astonished, as did I.

"Where'd you learn how to do that?" I asked.

Daniel smiled, "It was the last thing Mr. Miyagi taught me, it was the most powerful kick in Miyagi-Do karate." Daniel explained.

"How come I never learned that?" I asked as I put my hands on my hips.

"-Cause you left for college." He said with a laugh. I laughed and nodded as well, yeah that's true.

"How do you do it?" Robby asked.

"I wish I could show you, but only Mr. Miyagi could do it. You have to balance your whole body on one hand, which frees up two legs for the kick." Daniel explained.

"I almost did it once when I was in my 20s, so the fact that I got this close today.. Pretty damn awesome." He added with an accomplished smile.

Me and Robby both smiled and nodded. Daniel then looked at me.

"So how did he do on the tree?" He asked. I looked at Robby and smiled.

"He did all of the kicks without falling." I said. Robby smiled and gave a confident nod.

"Good, no that you've mastered that your ready for the next challenge." Daniel said as he got off the rock.

I sighed, "Daniel it's getting pretty late-" I started to say.

"Ah ah ah, we just need to find the car." He said with a goofy smile. I laughed and shook my head.

We eventually found the car and rode all the way back to the LaRusso's. It was now around 6 pm, so when we got there Amanda was making dinner.