42. Strong Ladies

Valerio's POV

“She's fucking dead,” Antonio grunted again. I knew he meant every word that he said just now. But I just can't let him do anything to her, my Sarai, my Principessa. She is mine to cherish, mine to punish.

I warned Sarai, yet she chose to break the news. I knew about the affair from the day it started but my brother knocking Abigail is never a question. It was me who was there with him while he went for a vasectomy. The reason was obvious, my brother wanted to whore around.

Kate is one of that lady that I admire a lot. Owning the chain of library is a rare business to think, but she enjoyed it. She made reading an adventure worldwide. We never thought this could be one of the best place to earn. People come and read and we earn.

After Ava went missing, we looked everywhere possible. Even we hired Rogers for investigation. But we unaware that far away from us, she was losing her childhood. It's all because of Antonio. He slept with Amaya, taking advantage of her vulnerability and Andrew lost his mind.

Incest is disgusting, at least to me. We grew up with Andrew, but we never thought he had such nasty thoughts for his elder sister, Amaya. He made sure she stays virgin and Antonio destroyed all his efforts by sleeping with her. The result was Cheryl, Antonio's first wife, went through torture even Andrew kept her captive in his brothel and kidnapped Ava and renamed her as Suri.

Kate tried to be brave as it was bitter news for her to learn that she was the other woman in a marriage. Antonio never told her, and she was his dirty secret. But he loved her. His marriage with Cheryl was just business. Although, Cheryl was innocent her fault was that she was a mafia princess born to bear another mafia heir for the mafia boss.

Even though Kate ruined Cheryl's marriage, Cheryl took care of Suri as her child knowing the truth that Suri is the daughter of the woman who is the reason of her miserable life. For Suri, Cheryl is her mother and Beth is her saviour. Suri never consider Kate as her loved ones. Kate is just Mrs Rossi, the woman who gave birth to Suri Rossi. I could say, Suri tries to see Kate as her mother but fails.

Losing the first child, Suri, was painful for Kate, but she somehow managed for Elijah and when Rogers broke the news that Suri is alive, she waited eagerly for her to return but unfortunately, the little girl wanted to stay with Beth. This was the breaking point for my sister-in-law. And Antonio started whoring around instead of helping his wife.

“You are blaming Sarai for Kate's condition.” I smiled, thinking my brother is a coward. He always tried to escape and blame the other for his mistakes.

“I can't knock any woman.” He justified himself.

“Yes, I was there... So that you can have endless sex.” I mocked him. The way he always blames others for his blunders is so immature.

“Kate never allowed me to touch her.”

“What do you expect from a depressed woman?”

“I know, but I have need. That's why Abigail helped.” He argued.

“There were other ways for getting help. Marriage counselling, porn, sex toys... Infidelity was out of option.” I raised my voice.

“I love my Kate... That's why I never slept with Abigail. Just sex. Not even talking.” He defended again.

“If you had loved her enough. Then you could have to wait for her.” I punched him. “Fucking coward.” 

“Stop... La famiglia non litiga tra loro.” Mama dragged me away from Antonio and slapped me.
(Family don't fight with each other.)

Ahh...

Despite her old age, she is still strong. And honestly, I am still afraid of her. When she glares, trust me, I want to just run away for life. She can kill anyone without regretting it.

“Antonio, just answer me a single question... Did you have an affair with Abigail?” Mama asked. “She's 14 weeks pregnant.”

“I had sex with her twice. That's it. We both knew it was just sex. She knew I love Kate.” He sighed. “First I was drunk and second, I was damn horny and needed a release.”

“Like father, like son.” She slapped him.

Her words were surprise. I thought she was passed the incident of Synn. But she's not. She punished papa for years and Antonio watched them struggling. Even now, she's blaming papa. She needs to know, but I promised my brother to keep his secret.

I was promised by Antonio that he would work on himself but everything is useless.

“The father of Synn is Antonio.” I blurted out.

As soon as I finished my proclamation, Antonio charged at me but mama stopped him.

“I knew, who is the father of Synn,” Mama announced. “I am not talking about Synn. He is mine. My son... I am talking about infidelity.” She glared at my brother. “You claim you love Kate then why can't your needs wait?” She questioned.

“I just wanted to distract myself.” Finally, Antonio broke into tears. “I miss Ava... My Ava. I never got to hold her in my arms. Even now, she's so distant. And Kate is not herself. I miss my love. I miss the family that we could have built.” He hugged mama and cried like a baby.

“Instead of working on yourself, you ruined your chances...” She hugged him back. “Kate will never be able to forgive you this time... And Abigail is being blamed for nothing... She's as innocent as Kate. Abigail wanted to help us, but we all used her... Even you.”

Sarah Rossi was not only aware of the secret of Antonio but Also loves Synn, despite the reality. Even mama defended Abigail.

Women are hard to understand. They are strong.

Beth forgave us all even after her sufferings and now, Mama.

What about Abigail?

“Just confess one thing…” Mama asked her elder son who was hiding his face in her arms. “Did you drugged your brother? It is impossible that Thomas drugged him for years without the awareness of our family.”

“I know, I am not trustworthy. But Valerio is. He promised me to shut his mouth. I was relieved. He loves me, and I love him. Why would I destroy his life?” He said?

“Then I know who did this?” Mama fumed with rage.

Great.

Mama Rossi is on fire now.