44. Root of the Problem

Sara's POV

The level of anxiety is high but the light in the room is helping to maintain a little hope left. With no windows and locked doors, I was only provided with a bathroom and two times meal. I was hungry, even thirsty, but my priority concern is Abigail Evans.

I can escape if I want but first, I want to meet a healthy Abigail. Even I am worried about Synn. That boy is just 17 years old, and I broke the most bitter truth about him without thinking straight. I functioned like a foolish person.

Even there is no news about Kate or Mrs Rossi. Both the woman is out of my reach. This family will break apart. Although this is what I wanted, but not at the cost of an innocent life. I regret what I did.

Whatever Abigail did, has nothing to do with her unborn child. But the question is what the hell she was thinking when she was involving herself sexually with the father-son duo. She claimed that she wanted to help, but I am not aware of the category of help that she wanted to offer to the Rossi. She helped the married men cheating on their wives. I couldn't describe the level of nausea that I feel now. The same womb gave birth to Synn will give birth to his uncle.

“You are not hungry.” I heard a new feminine voice. It's been days, that I heard someone's voice. Especially talking to me. With hope and excitement to receive good news, I turned to see the owner of the voice. It was Sarah Rossi. I saw her on various occasions but never talked to her. She always appeared in a queen to me.

“What do you expect.? I have nothing to do.” I said.

“Finish it... You have a long road to travel.” She pushed the food trolley and locked the door. She doesn't trust me just like any other Rossi.

“Am I going to the whore house or brothel?” I asked.

“Your home.” Her words with no emotions were unpredictable. I anticipated the shower of the curse and unique types of a hit but the mafia queen standing in front of me was calm. A silence before the storm.

“Is it a different category of torture?” I forced a laughed, but she didn't join me. It was a failed attempt of lightening her mood.

“You will leave far from us as soon as you are done with your meal.” She demanded. “You have already done enough.”

“I wanted to punish Valerio.” I justified myself. “He ruined me.”

“Yes. His Butler confessed.” She sighed. “I am sorry that you had to lose your child because of my child. Nothing will justify his actions, what he did to his blood. Nonetheless, he doesn't remember any of it... He questioned what he did to you.”

“Well... Your son used me. Raped me. Hit me. And called my child a bastard.” I gave her a list of how amazing her son is.

“I am not excusing for his actions, but He doesn't know that he loves you... He loves Beth but his feelings for you are stronger... He calls for you in his sleep.”

“Even I loved him. But he broke my heart.” I cried.

First time in my life, I don't feel ashamed of crying in front of anyone. Assumable this is what Valerio taught me. I cried so many times in front of him that now, crying feels natural to me. Maybe, crying is just another emotion and no one will judge you as weaker if you cry. My whole life I tried not to break into tears publicly but today, here I am wailing like a child.

“I was just like you when I learnt Leo's infidelity... But I always knew no matter how many women he has sex with, he would always come back to me.” She said. “He broke my heart.”

“Yet you are with him. Why?”

“Love is blind.” She explained and served me food.

“What about self-respect. Dignity?”

“Love is toxic.”

“Then I don't want to stay with your son.” I snapped.

“No one asked you to stay. You decided to stay. And the outcome was yours to face.” She rolled her eyes and passed me water. “Mark is out of the country. Go to Garcia boy... Victor. He will help you to settle in Spain.”

“What about Abigail?”

“She's no more.”

She's no more. Abigail is dead as well as her child. I killed her and the baby. I was so blinded for the revenge that I never thought about the consequence of my actions. My news took her life, broke Kate and Synn is another victim.

“She never deserved this.” My voice cracked, and I felt so guilty that I never felt in my life. Even the first murder that I did was sort of peace for me. At least I was given food and bath. But today, I killed a baby.

“She did this to herself.”

“The child was innocent.”

“She knew what she was doing. Sleeping with married men, especially when you respect them will eventually bring destruction.” She said. “All the events of our life is the outcome of our decision. You know... Karma.”

“So what will happen to Synn?” I asked.

“Synn is my son and I will make sure, that he's away from Leo...” She cried. “He ruined the life of my sons. He made Antonio a man whore... Because he wanted to distract me from his Casanova a life. So he brought another problem home to keep me busy. Then he didn't hesitate to drug his younger son, because Valerio knew that Leo pregnant his babysitter... She was avenging what Leo started.”

Mr Rossi drugged Valerio for years. He falsified Valerio's reports for years because he wanted to distract everyone from himself. He is the root of all the problems. Not only that, but he introduced Antonio to adventurous sex life, and he even drugged Valerio.

“Valerio knew all this.” She added. “Now, Antonio wants you dead.”

“But I will kill her.” Mr Rossi interrupted us and stormed into the room. By this moment, I was aware that the level of sensitivities in Sarah Rossi low. She will not stop her husband.

Boom.

Boom.

It was a gunshot. Sarah Rossi shot her husband. And he fell on the floor with the expression of surprise. It all happened with a blink of an eye. No time process. Even I was surprised to see her with a gun in her hands. She hid the gun like an expert. She claimed a few moments back that she loves him then why?

“I gave up on us a long time back.” She cried. “He ruined many people. Antonio, Valerio, Ivy, Abigail even Kate. The list goes on. Beth is in the list too.”

“We should leave.” I tried to support the broken lady.

“You should run for your life.” She advised. “My sons will not spare you.” and her words were on the verge of being a reality.

Bam.....