16. Final Byes

Sara's POV

“I see, I am not welcome here.” He faked the expression of hurt and invited himself in my house. He is still the same, irritating as hell.

Ambushed by my attack, he crouched down but lost his balance, and land on the feet of Amber. Using the technique of karate, I hit his head with Mawashi Geri kick.

Crying in pain, he held his head and laid down on the floor. We were astonished. But I was more. He never does that. Normally, he defends himself and attacks back.

“Are you out of your mind?” He whined in pain.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him without showing him any mercy.

“Mr Rossi summoned you.” He sat and looked at scared Amber.

“Which one?”

“2nd brother.” He smiled. “I am Miles Spencer.” He introduced himself to Amber.

Ignoring, the giant man who was offering her a warm smile, she walked to hide behind me.

“Why everyone is suddenly so scarier?” She asked with a frown. Innocent girl, doesn't know about mafia men.

“He looks scary but in reality, he is pussy.”

“I don't have any pussy.” Standing In front of us, he cleaned his suit. “Dr Scott and Rogers arranged the funeral.”

Funeral!!

Yes, a funeral. I am supposed to give my mom a respectful farewell to this life. And I failed, again.

Like a mama Rogers, Beth arranged everything. She always does that. Even with six kids, and seventh on the way. Yes, I was right. She is pregnant. Mark narrated me that how 'his Elizabeth' made him sleep on the couch for a week until she gave up.

Their love is almost like a fairy tale. No one could believe that the couple with such a fairytale life has a darker side. They are still dealing with the anger of the new Schmidt found. Yet, the couple is not ready to give up.

“Sara?” Denise called. “Your sister-in-law was asking for you.” Sister-in-law?

Beth.

Elizabeth Rogers.

Beth introduced Mark as my elder brother to everyone. So that makes Beth my sister-in-law. I already advised the pregnant mama Rogers to rest but no, conducting family function no matter what the occasion is, is her arena.

“I told her to rest,” I muttered.

“She is resting but lawyers are here,” Denise said.

Thanking her, and with a bowl of fruit; I walked as slow as possible to study room. I was mesmerized by the memories of my dream home. A perfect home that was built by dad, mom decorated it, and is supposedly, passed to me.

Lawyers are here to read Mom's will. She loved me like her daughter. Ignoring our actual relationship with each other, she made me her daughter.

“She's harlot... Her beautiful face and innocent eyes are deceiving.” She screams at her son. This is the first time that I met Clarice Davies, and the moment she saw me I knew she hates me.

“Clarice, She's not like her,” Dad said. “It's his life. If she cheats on him, then it's his lesson.”

My heart shattered with her words. No one trust me, everyone will always have this doubt. I just wanted a family, but I am not lucky enough.

“I love her. And she loves me.” I heard before I run out of the house.

“Sara... I heard them calling me, but I was determined to go as far as possible. I can't ruin a family. A happy family. I know the feeling of not having a family, No one to look for.

“We have been waiting for you,” Mark said with concern.

I nodded and walked with the turtle speed, again. My target was to relive every moment I spend here with my family.

Although mom doubted that I would take her son away but it was amazing to see their reaction when they found that their son and daughter-in-law will stay with them. It was a hard job to do, but I was successful.

“Where are kids?” I randomly asked to avoid the series of questions from him.

“We left them with Jenny and Victor.” He said. “You miss them?”

“How do you manage? They all are different from each other.”

“We try to... Savannah wanted to come but…”

“I am thankful that she's not here. I don't want her to my cry baby face.” I tried to laugh, but he didn't join me. He knew what she meant to me. “I planned an outing with my girls. And, I think you should have a family holiday.”

“We can't leave everything...” He looked hesitate. I knew he feels responsible for everything his ancestors did, and he is trying to clean that mess. This is the quality of him that makes every woman fall for him.

“We are not your responsibility. Those kids of yours are your responsibility. And Beth is your better half. If you are taking stress then she's taking stress.” I preached him. I learnt this when I was pregnant with twins. Everyone in the family stressed and so was I.

“We can discuss it later.” He finally led me to the study room where the demand of my presence was obvious.

“Is she your sister?” I heard a man asking Beth.

“No, she's his SISTER.” Beth pointed at Mark. Her jealousy is the source of our entertainment, especially when she's pregnant. Her mood swings seems at peak.

“Is she single?” The man asked Beth again, whispering but we heard.

Mark growled with anger. This man is inviting his agony. The silence covered us, and we all could see the fist of Mark Roger-Schmidt, was eager to punch him.

“We can read the will later.” Mark managed to say.

“Aren't you too protective towards her?” Valerio interrupted. Leaning against the door frame, his body covered with black suit looked fresh.

Where was Valerio Rossi all this time?

“Fuck off, Rossi,” Mark said, moving to his wife. Now, he is jealous. The husband inside him is awake and alert now.

Both the lawyers from Harrington took their leave while both alpha males were busy with the glaring games.

Rogers Vs Rossi.

“How are you, Beth?” Valerio asked ignoring everyone. This Rossi was fighting hard to control his emotion. This was unexpected. I never imagined Valerio Rossi respecting the boundaries of others.

“She's fine. And... Pregnant.” Mark smirked with victory.

Men!

“She looks gorgeous.” Valerio scoffed while Beth rolled her eyes.

I felt unwanted and decided to leave. They can fight like children as much as they want.

“I am not helping you for those fucking games,” Mark announced when I was almost out of the study room.

“What?” I questioned.

“That's his secret,” Beth said. “You don't have to know.”

Secret?

Secrets in mafia families are never-ending but why do I feel they were talking about me.

Am I the part of a secret?