9. Question

Sara's POV

It's been 2 weeks that Dr Anastasia Harrington was dead in her cabin. There were too many suspects as her personal life was controversial.

She was having illicit affair with a married billionaire. Her married life was ruined by her younger sister, and she was in a relationship with another businessman as well. Even her son hates her for some personal reason.

Investigation is on.

Mark completely step out of the case, but he looked at the edge. He doubts at something and is waiting for another blow so that he would start his investigations. And when Mark Rogers investigate, all the cards will be revealed.

“How can I help you?” Savannah Rogers asked.

But I busy to look around the environment. Both mother-daughter duo, Savannah and Elizabeth did a good job with the Schmidt food chain and their bakery is cheery on top. It was incredible to see the bond between them. They have only 6 years difference yet the respect they give to each other is amazing.

“Sara.....” Savannah called again. “Are you fine?”

“Yes.....” I answered looking for staff. They have enough staff I doubt if they would hire me. “I was looking for a job,” I explained.

“You are qualified as a nurse....” She chuckled. “Why would you work here?”

“Because my new psychiatrist is a sucker and has already refused to declare me as stable to return to my job as a nurse,” I clarified.

“Isn't monthly allowance enough?” She asked. “I can speak to my dad. He is already concerned about you. You should stay with us. Beth is.....”

“I miss home.” I interrupted her. “And mom. I wasn't able to see her. So my first target is to clean home and then met her than a job hunt... If you can help me.”

“I am always ready to help you.” She said before running inside, to come back with two cakes. “I made them. Special recipes. Mom's recipe.”

“Abigail bakes?” I asked.

“No, it's Beth. She gave me her Mother's recipe. It's traditional. Every daughter of their family knows this recipe.” She said while admiring her MOM's cake.

“I thought you would hate Beth,” I said tasting the cake which melted in my mouth giving me the ecstatic feel. I didn't realize that I loaned until I heard someone coughing.

It was Valerio Rossi, standing in front of me with no bandages on his nose. I was disappointed. I thought I broke his nose for forever.

“You sound good.” Pervert man smirked. After whatever he did to me that night, he should be guilty and thankful to me that I didn't complaint against him, but he is shameless standing In front of me wearing an apron covered with flours.

Flours.

He is baking..... with Rogers girls.

“Uncle Val.....” Our attention was caught by a girl. Duplicate of Kate. Daughter of Antonio Rossi. Suri Rossi. She's among the kids of Roger-Schmidt couple. “You should apologize to her.” She said to Valerio, passing packed cookies to him.

“Why?” Savannah asked. It was extraordinary to see this Rossi girl with such a good observation. She observed my showering daggers at her uncle.

“I don't know..... She doesn't like him.” Suri said pointing at me while chewing her cookies. Yes, Beth's world-famous cookies that she keeps the stock for her half dozen children.

“Ignore her.” I dismissed the little girl and ignoring Valerio's presence, I focused on Savannah.

“You can join us anytime you want.” Savannah smiled and gave me the packed cookies.

Since Valerio was present, I kept my conversation short with both the girls and left.

“Sarai.” Valerio Rossi called but I continued to walked away. “Stop.” He followed me.

I want to kill this bastard. Why can't he take a single hint that I am not interested in having any conversation with him? Especially after what happened.

“Are you deaf?” Valerio glared at me once he reached to me. But I treated him with silence. “You are mute.”

Again, I chose not to say any words to him.

“Listen, girl... I don't remember fucking you. It's not a big deal. I would pay you.” He almost yelled but tried to control due to the audience.

“Yes, you fucked me.” I sneered. “You broke my leg. Because of you, I am not fit to join my job. You didn't use condom..... You even slept with our head nurse. You are walking STD.”

“She demanded. And if you are so concerned about my sex life, why don't you become part of it?” He raised his eyebrows mocking me. “My sex life has nothing to do with you until you are involved. So be part of it and comment everything you want about it.”

“Don't ever touch me.” I threw his hands away.

“You can still feel my touch.” He smirked while claiming.

I lost my sense with his claim. I haven't been touched for years and if he would give been normal, then maybe we could have mind-blowing sex but no, he forced himself on me. He raped me.

Amber offered me many times, to join her and our co-workers at the club but now, all this dazzled life is not desirable to me.

I walked to home, to save money. I have to save money for mom, for baby.

It was dead silence and men from Rogers security firm were guarding the home. It was Mark's protective instinct that he refuse to leave home or mom alone.

I was cleaning the house when I felt something missing. I tried hard to look but I couldn't find the missing piece until I decided to check in my walk-in closet.

All the clothes from the closet was missing. Every clothing of him as well as mine was stolen. But strangely, jewellery that I was gifted by my husband was untouched. Other then this, everything was at its place. Before his death, he left a good fortune for me and our family. He was earning good.

I checked mom's untouched room. It was strange that someone was ready to kill mom just for clothes.

Our home is decorated with all the expensive paintings, furniture but the question is...... What is so special about our clothes?