17. About Males

Sara's POV

“I am bothered by your presence.” I scowled at Miles. His constant presence around me is unbearable.

“Leave the poor man.” Denise defended him. “He's such a gentleman driving us to the club.”

“And scary,” Amber mumbled.

“I heard you. Kitten.” He smirked at Amber looking at her from the rearview mirror.

Our poor, innocent Amber shifted towards Denise. Miles likes to intimidate Amber. I assume he likes her. But he seems not ready to accept the fact. He still believes, he still loves Emily. But it is okay to move on. Emily never loved him, she always loved Mark.

Mark made him pay for almost 2 years. He should have warned Emily, when his twin brother, Drake starting taking advantage of the vulnerability of Emily. That innocent girl was pregnant with Sylvia and Mark wasn't giving her any assurance of the future. Mark and Emily were engaged to be married, only because she was pregnant with Sylvia. Her insecurity led her in the arms of Miles, and finally, the evil twin, Drake took advantage of Emily. Even Savannah was assaulted by Drake, when that 16 years old girl witnessed their illicit act. But Mark killed Drake and punished Miles. That was the day Emily died, and both Rogers sister, Savannah and Sylvia shared their birthday.

“I don't understand the purpose of you being around so much.” Denise poked Miles.

“Don't you all like me?” He asked.

“No one likes you.” I mocked him. Sometimes, he's too annoying.

“Then, adjust yourself for a year with me. I AM YOUR BODYGUARD.” He quoted.

“I am not paying you. Who hired you?” I hit him. “I don't need you. You are willing to work for free. Charity?”

“I know that... Deliver this fact to Mr Rossi.” He parked his car.

“Which one?” I asked, whilst he got out of the car.

“Yours.” He said and locked us in his car.

“I don't want to die.” Amber panicked. “I have my family waiting.”,

“He went inside to call..... Security for us.” Denise explained, while I was busy searching for a hairpin in my handbag.

I heard my friends/co-workers talking about random things. They appear too convinced by the arrangement made by Valerio. But I was shocked. I rarely offered him any cheerful side of me. Even while his food time, I try to ignore him as much as possible. He doesn't even try to talk me either so hiring Miles for me and arranging an outing for us, was unexpected from the man who has no bone for any empathy.

Failed to find any hairpin, I controlled my urge to curse to Denise. She made me wear this red dress that reached to my mid-thigh. I usually prefer tunics with leggings. It's been years that I wore something sexy. I used to wear sexy and hot to allure the targets.

“Thanks for the patience.” I heard the annoying voice of Miles Spencer. Looking at him, I find the 4 guards ready to take us inside. This is extreme. Mark must have asked Valerio to take care of till he's back.

“Why Mr Rossi hired you?” I couldn't help but asked Miles out of curiosity. He gained a bad reputation as 'lover of Emily'. Glaring at him and cursed mentally to the day when I met him, the first time.

“Mr. Rogers suggested him.” He beamed with confidence. His words were unbelievable. Mark Rogers-Schmidt suggested Valerio Rossi that he should hire Miles Spencer. Everything doesn't make sense. Mark hates Miles, even Valerio is not sure about his credibility. Both, Valerio and Miles are capable of plotting against the secret keeper.

“He still trusts me. He always knew I loved Emily. But she never loved me. That's why he grew distinct from her.” He explained for Mark's action.

No doubt, the papa Rogers is so understanding. Despite his scars all over his body, women are attracted to him. I still don't know the reason but one of the reasons must be his maturity. That man reached the maturity that makes him wise and dedicated man.

“You have such a protective brother and even Mr Rossi is taking care of you..... I want to be as lucky as you.” Denise whined and walked behind us, without knowing my reality.

Soon, Denise was wasted and danced like she's single, which is half true. She was engaged to be married until her fiancé broke up because Denise was too demanding. She was heartbroken and later, they decided to take a break.

While Denise was rubbing her body over Ryan Harrison, another billionaire Casanova, I and Amber were busy sipping Soda. I know we were supposed to have fun but Amber is almost a Nun while something was bothering me. My current situation.

The lawyer from the firm will be available next week to read the will. After this, I have to decide what I will do, after this year.

“I don't feel good here,” Amber complained. She has been on the edge since we arrived. The crowd makes her nervous.

Denise texted Amber, that she left with a hot man, must be Ryan Harrison. I decided to drop her to home.

“Mr Rossi will finish his meeting then we can leave.” Miles interrupted us.

“He is here?” I was answered by the nod from him. “That's why you brought us here.” I scoffed with annoyance. That mafia prince was trying to control my life.

“I will take her. The staff knows you. Stay... And have someone..... A little fun.” He whispered amidst the loudness and left following a scared Amber.

I don't want to be controlled. I have noticed that from the past few days, Valerio is trying to control my every move. Where I go? To whom I meet. I saw him, looking for me. A file which was titled by name was kept on his dining table but I didn't confront him. He doesn't trust me and the feeling is vice-versa, I don't trust him.

Ordering anything and everything, I could understand soon I felt tipsy. I knew what was happening but my voice and body appeared as if I was drunk. To my another surprise, I wasn't charged for any drink. They provided me free service as I was the special guest to their boss. That's when I understood. Valerio is shifting to clubbing while his brother is moving to Casino business. The Rossi family is serious about leaving the Mafia life.

Good.

Good for their health.

I danced like a vixen that I was taught to be in the Schmidt brothel, which was especially for my husband, but he isn't here to see me. My dance was his favourite part.

“You are perfect... Principessa.” I heard the familiar voice while his hands snaked around my waist pulling me closer.

I know him.

I know this smell.

He is so soothing.

He is Valerio Rossi.

“You are drunk.” He claimed.

“And you are Italian.”

“I'll take you home.” He chuckled.

“Can you be my home?” I asked with all the innocence. What the hell?