25. His home

Sara's POV

Emotions whirled in my heart. It felt as if I would die with the burden of these worthless emotions. Emotions, that are annoying me now.

I planned to meet Valerio's psychiatrist, get his report, rescheduled his routine check-up but after my remarkable day, I preferred to drop all the program of the day. I felt tired. So weak that, I struggled to keep my eyes open. I was surprised to find myself successfully hiring a cab and reached to Rossi estate.

Somehow, today everyone was interested in me. I received various calls from Valerio, Miles, Amber, Denise, Mark, Victor even Beth and Savannah. Lot of people.

Phew.....

Even though I stumbled and failed to stabilize my vision, my target was to reach that house owned by Valerio Rossi. I was supposed to live in that house but, it is his house more than mine. He owns it, he jogs around it, he even takes care of the flower that we planted 2 weeks back.

Everything in that house reminds about him.

Walking around the house, I see his shoes, tie, watch everything scattered here and there, in every corner. Everywhere. He lives here. With me.

I collected his clothes, ironed them before packing in my bag and then set the target to remove his every belonging from this house. I am supposed to live here for a year, alone. He is not invited.

“I can help you.” Miles grinned like an idiot when he saw my failed attempts. It's been only three weeks and his everything is in my house. I won't be surprised to find if his few belongings would be found here. In my house.

9 more months to go. I chanted mentally and offered him my bags to carry to the destination.

“Where?” Miles asked trying to be innocent. He knew this bag belonged to me that has Valerio' belongings, yet he wanted to hear from me. He will always be annoying to me.

“To the mansion.” I shrugged off and walked away. It was hard to act normal when I am not, yet I managed to behave as if nothing bothered me.

“You can share with me... If you want to. Your issue...” He offered genuinely. His behaviour was new, but it was understandable for a man like him. He stood by Mark's side for a year's and witness Emily's love for Mark.

“There's nothing to share. It was a misunderstanding... But- it's fine.” I forced a smile before running to Valerio's room.

Miles followed my every move without any words. He helped me to arrange the books back to the right place, watches, shoes and various items.

“You should have called me... Before leaving the building.” Miles finally broke our silence but I didn't reply him. Giving up, he turned into a statue that he has to be. Bodyguard.

Rearranging the room the way it was, we left for my house. Uneasiness was in the wind, however, Miles stood by my side without any word being exchanged. We preferred silence to heartbreaking conversation.

We prepared dinner for us but no dinner for Mr Rossi. Miles knew I saw something heartbreaking. I am not at that stage where he proposed me a commitment, yet I hoped that the least he could do for me is, to be honest with me. If he doesn't want me then he could have informed me. I feel like a fool.

Never in my life, I preferred someone else in place of Shawn. People tried to convince me to move on, but I wanted to stay loyal to my husband. My Shawn. When he died saving Beth, Mrs Rogers, I lost my twins. I wanted revenge. I wanted to kill August, my brother for killing my love, for abandoning me and our family. For everything August did to me, my life. But Beth already killed August.

August loved Beth. Yes, his ways were cruel. He raped her, even tried to kill Max, the youngest among Rogers-Schmidt who wasn't even born at that time. But Vincent always saved her and Max. August knew who I was when he saw me with Mark yet chose to ignore me. He acted as if I was no one. Everybody believed he hates me but it was just us aware of the truth. August manipulated Mark for more than a decade. It is incredible but it is a fact, he respected Mark.

Every one of us respect Mark. The secret keeper, who gives a chance to those who needs it. Even Miles was given the chance.

“I can stay if you want.” Miles offered but it was best if I spend a little time with myself. Valerio haven't contacted me after evening. I hope he is having a good time with Dahlia.

I rejected the offer and made him leave. He shouldn't have to be with me for 24×7. I can fight for myself. But male ego... They think they are stronger, maybe. But I am fast.

Breaking down, I cried while bathing. I screamed. I feel filthy. Cheap. I am a cheater. Shawn was loyal to me. I saw his every word were true. He did plan a holiday for us. Even mom and dad.

Bang.

Bang.

Dressing up, I stormed into my kitchen, which was the origin of the noise. The Italian man, Valerio Rossi was banging my door. His tired face and messy hairs gives his testimony of his HARD WORK.

Opening my kitchen window, I hit him with the largest spoon on the kitchen platform that successfully hit him.

“Open the fucking door.” He ordered and threw his office bag and lunch basket over the table in the porch.

“Good night, Mr Rossi.” Closing the window, I stick my tongue out as I had no other to insult him.

Bang.

Bang.

What is his problem? Why doesn't he understand that I want everything back to the way it was?

Involving with two people sexually dangerous. It is risky, emotionally, physically. Even it's so unethical. But again expecting ethical, legal ways from Mafia men is my nativity.

“I'll fucking break it again.” He fumed with rage warning me about the door. His red eyes, white fist, a complete package to hurt someone.

“Go on... You always break things... People.” I yelled and arrange dinner for me while my phone rang continuously. Damn, this bastard dares to call me now.

“I just want to be home.” His voice echoed in the room through my voicemail. “I am already tired..... I feel exhausted. I need to be home.”

Home.

He always says home. Sometimes, I feel he calls me his home. A home that we never built. Weeping in front of him shamelessly, I walked to my room for sleep. His words don't matter any more. They are just empty words which are nothing but. Wastage of his energy.

“No matter where I go, I will always come back to my home.” I heard Shawn's voice echoing in the darkness.

Without thinking twice, I hit my head on the bedpost to reduce my heartache.

“I feel abandoned.” I cried out.

“Sarai.....”