Prologue √

Sara's POV

“How do you feel?” Mom questioned checking my body temperature again.

She's too anxious about me.

“I am fine,” I whined and yanked the hoodie over my head that caused her to chuckle. “It's just a fever.”

What is so funny about it?

“You must know that only I will tolerate your tantrums.” She laughed.

“Because you love me,” I mumbled.

Listening to me, she burst into laughter and I heard her whisking around the kitchen. She always does that, making sure of my comfort. And, this makes her different from other mothers-in-law.

From the day my family found out about my pregnancy, they have been pampering me. I am too lucky to have them as my family.

As a child, I never thought about family. It was a foreign word for a kid like me.

I was born to a prostitute in a brothel of Schmidt, hub of human trafficking in Mafia. Growing up there as a girl was equivalent to fighting a war at that place. Men were lusting over your body. Ever since I remember, they started training me disgustingly. I was maybe 4 or 5 years old.

Dance.

Seduction.

Everything else was taught that is needed to attract a man. But I was good at singing. I was wanted to be a singer. Since I seemed beautiful to them, nobody touched me.

I was being prepared for sale, as soon as I become a woman. I knew my fate, so I followed August, my half brother's footsteps and escaped, when our mother died.

When August was leaving, I was a teenager, I begged him to take me with him, but he kicked me and just ran. He used called me his sister. I thought he would protect me, but I was wrong. He was trained to be brutal.

“Sara..... Dear?” Mom called me. “You must eat something.”

“No....” I whined again. “I will vomit again.” I cried. “Why?”

She hugged me from the back without removing my hoodie and hummed a song for me.

“Will you teach me this song?” I asked.

“It comes from the heart... You will have your own.”

I was afraid of eating. My morning sickness is getting worse even in my 2nd trimester. But according to my doctor, I need to be patient and a stress-free lifestyle.

Our lunch was disturbed by the banging of our main door. Groaning, I got out of my our kitchen and with baby steps, I reached to the main door.

3 men dressed in black commando outfit loaded with guns, I know them. I was trained with one of them, His name is Thomas. And later, he joined Mark Rogers.

“Mrs Davies?” One of them asked.

Nodding, I frowned. Because my husband works for Rossi, not for Rogers. And Thomas is not fond of me. At least not after, I almost ruined his face when he tried to kiss me forcefully.

“You are pregnant?” Thomas exclaimed with an unknown emotion.

I forced a smiled and nodded.

“Mrs Davies?” Again I was asked.

“Which one? There are two...” I showed them my wedding ring.

It was out of my understatement but seeing my wedding ring, the colour of their face got pale. Maybe I imagined, I have been paranoid since the day I held my pregnancy report.

“It's senior Mrs Davies.” Another man of them interrupted.

When I see the man who interrupts, I could imagine all the worse possibility. The blood on his black t-shirt didn't go unnoticed by me. I was once one of them, it took a lot of effort than expected to leave that life behind. And I know how blood smells, or look; even on black outfit.

Without words, I walked to mom and informed her about our uninvited guests.

Later, within a few minutes, I heard her yelling telling with anger.

She never does that. She's very calm.

I immediately reached to her and tried to calm her, but she pushed me. And next thing, that happened was that my body hit the floor.

I have been feeling uneasy for the past 2 days. But I keep these feelings aside. And her push wasn't something I anticipated.

“Dear... I am sorry. They were lying, so I just lost my temper.” She rushed to me and helped me to sit.

“I am fine,” I assured her. “Don't ever provoke her,” I advised our guest. They know me, Thomas must have told them about me, because when I warned them, I could see they almost stopped breathing. They must have misunderstood me as a helpless pregnant lady.

“It's true.” Thomas ignored me and looked at mom.

“Get the hell out of here,” Mom yelled.

“Then what should we do with the body?” Thomas asked her.

“He is not dead,” Mom announced. “He will join us soon for dinner.”

“He?” I interrupted.

“You don't look well..... And you are pregnant.” Thomas said.

“Who is this HE?” I asked.

“Don't listen to them......” Mom cried and hugged me. “He will be back for dinner.”

I already had my doubts but now, I was sure. It was my husband who promised me a family dinner tonight.

“What happened?” I asked praying for all my hypotheses to be wrong. I can't lose him. We are supposed to have our babies together. I am already stressed and my doctor already warned us about it.

“He is no more,” Thomas announced.

His words echoed in my brain while our moments were clearly in front of my vision as if I travelled back to our memory.

I regret fighting with him this morning. He just wanted a bye kiss and I fought with him. I wanted him to stay. Only if I have tried harder, he could have stayed.

I wanted to cry but only tears made their way out. My voice was stuck in my throat.

It was painful.

My throat was painfully heavy and my mouth was almost dried.

“Sara.....” Mom called me.

I heard her but it sounded like she was calling me from far. All the words were faintly audible.

It was the pain in my lower abdomen that alerted me and brought me back to reality.

Looking down, I realized I was bleeding. As soon as I realized what does this signify, my pain hiked.

I cried and screamed for help.

“Save My babies.” I cried. “He is alive.”

“He will never come back.” Thomas reminded me. “He got shot.”

“Who?” I managed to say asking who killed my husband.

“Doesn't matter.” He helped me. “Mark Rogers will avenge for him.”

Despite being in pain, I heard Thomas but it doesn't matter any more. Mark Rogers will kill the man who ordered, not the shooters. So if I lost my babies, I will kill those bloody shooters.

“Princess, don't even think of revenge.” I heard Thomas pleading because he knows I could be destructive.

But I am free to choose what I want and I want revenge.