28. Psychological Gossip

Dedicated to Az_Thii

Sara's POV

Before the attack in the hospital

“I admire your dedication for your husband, Mrs Rossi.” Dr Solomon smirked rolling his shirt over his well-built arms. He is appealing to eyes. However, his words were appreciating me but somehow it seemed offending.

Is he even a doctor?

“Appearance can be deceiving... just like in my case.” His overconfident voice is annoying.

“First, I am not Mrs Rossi. I am Mrs Davies. Second, I am here for serious business.” I tried to maintain my impassive posture. But seeing him I think of two aspects, first, the man in front of me is desirable but his overconfident ruin the mood and second, Valerio is the complete package, handsome with perfect confidence.

“Aren't you Sarai?” Dr Solomon frowned. How does he know my full name? I always prefer Sara... Even I introduced myself as Sara to everybody I meet. Only close ones know my name.

“Yes... I am Mrs Sarai Davies.” I faked my smile and made myself comfortable without his invitation. I could tell he is interested to talk to me.

“You are not a Rossi.” He chuckled and sat on his desk in front of me. “He talks about you so, I assumed you must be Mrs Rossi.”

“He talks about me?” I asked but instead of answering me, Dr Solomon gave me his intense look with his black eyes. “What about Beth?” I asked again.

“Nothing that concerns you... It's my patient's privacy.” He shrugged off.

“I am his caretaker,” I informed.

“Then you did a good job... He used to avoid his meals. Even water. So I appreciate your work but I didn't recommend you to them, then how did you manage to grab the amazing opportunity?” He asked with no emotion. I could read him, neither his body language.

“Sorry?”

“Don't be sorry. Men like him are hard to understand.”

“I am here to talk about him.”

“Then talk... Because I don't have the whole day. I have a lot of appointments waiting in line.”

“I am a licensed nurse.” I gave him my licence. “I even worked with Dr Anastasia Harrington. I met her before her death. Her report about Mr Valerio Rossi stated that he is normal. I am here to know what your report says about his mental health.”

“I am not breaching my patient's privacy.” He announced his decision. Doctors like him always makes it worthy to share feelings. Same as Dr Harrington.

“I appreciate your dedication but when you will deliver the report to Mr Rossi, then I'll be the one reading it. At the end of the day, I'll read it at any cost... But I am here because I wanted to discuss with you about the previous report.” I tried to convince him.

Heaving a sigh, he re-read my licence. I know he's checking if it is real or not. How could he doubt at me? Don't I appear like a serious person to him?

“It says your name is Sarai Bellman.” He asked raised his eyebrows challenging me.

“It's because my husband is dead and my in-laws forced me to take my Maiden name so that I can move on,” I explained clenching my teeth. “I was pissed when you call me Mrs Rossi,” I added.

It wasn't long when I was able to find an expression on his poker face. He was battling whether to trust me or not. Finally, inhaling air and closing his eyes, he walked to his door. To lock it.

I could feel myself beaming with satisfaction. He is locking the door to say something important. Maybe something useful. Maybe something that has been not explored yet.

“I am considering you as my staff.” Dr Solomon took off his tie and walked to the desk. Taking two envelopes of different colours out, he gave me the yellow envelope.

Even though I was confused with the requirement of two different envelopes, I didn't question him. Trusting his every move, I open the envelope to find a report which stated Valerio Rossi has bipolar, schizophrenia as well as sex addict. Even insomnia.

Schizophrenia?

I never noticed him acting at edge. In His mood swings, aggressive behaviour expresses his bipolar issue. Even his sexual appetite is high, and he sleeps less but schizophrenia..... No.

“I was given this report... I speculated a billionaire heir with nothing but the appearance of a homeless man who is incapable of taking care of himself, but he looks perfectly fine Italian man. He has good self-control... Opposite to the report. So- I run an independent test on him. Without his consent, which is unethical but I had to do. My time is precious... I don't want to waste it on someone who doesn't need help.” Showing me the white envelope, he knelt in front of me and took the first report away. “This is my independent report. I think he is aware of my test. He went through those test many times.”

With my trembling hands, I opened it already knowing the result. Yet, I wanted to reassure myself for some unspecified reason.

He is normal.

“He is normal?” I asked.

Nodding, Dr Solomon reached to his desk to sit on it. He looked confused and worried while looking the first report in his hand. Even I am confused.

“Dr Harrington had the same report,” I revealed. “She knew that Valerio is normal. Perfectly fine and doesn't need help. But then, she was murdered.”

“I am not at that state to suggest that he doesn't need help... He undoubtedly needs help. He shows signs of withdrawal. As if he is a drug abuser- the reason of his mood swings and aggressive behaviour is the absence of whatever drug he consumes. I already sent the sample. Since it's all secretive, the report will take time. Then we could tell which drug he consumes.”

“Impossible,” I yelled. “He doesn't consume the drug. He is not a drug addict.” I defended Valerio. He lives with me. I have never witnessed him consuming drugs.

“First... From Mr Rossi to Valerio, now you are defending him.” He laughed. “Rossi are billionaire. It will tarnish their public appearance to disclose that one of the heirs is a drug addict. So, they cover it up... After all, they are Mafia.”

Mafia...

He knows. Dr Caius Solomon is aware of the Mafia.

“Mafia is a myth.” I tried to laugh but miserably failed.

“I know you know about Mafia..... You live with him, you even sleep with him. No one knows him better than you. You are patient with him. I see those fading scars on your neck. They are almost invisible. He is abusing you. Yet you are with him. You are here for him... If you say he doesn't consume drugs then it's something else.....”

I couldn't focus on his lecture because I was concentrating at the laser coming from two building away. A sniper was targeting Dr Caius Solomon. Because... He knows Valerio Rossi's secret.

Pushing him away was my sudden move but it saved him. The bullet missed its target but then again, I was targeted. I saved myself by hiding behind the bookshelf.

“What was that?” Dr Solomon panted and hid in front of me, beside another bookshelf. Now, I regret not to carrying my gun. “Someone wants me dead. Fucking Mafia....”

“One room, two targets,”