5. Man of my dreams

Sara's POV

"This is his schedule. You will always work according to him. He is recovering... He was a sex addict. So don't even think about seducing him. This would be your invitation to worse. But, he is desirable. And...... His mood swings are worse. He has bipolar disorder. So..... Let him destroy whatever he wants when he is angry. DON'T. STOP. HIM." Rosalie warned me.

I have been getting lectures about various unnecessary things from the past half an hour. When Rosalie called him Devil, I was almost intimidated but then, thanks to my past. I am confident enough to fight back.

Rolling my eyes, I snatched the file and decided to read it later. I could talk to the patient. His condition can be described better by him. He is living that life. Only he knows how it feels.

"This attitude is not good." Rosalie sneered. Why do I feel she doesn't like me? She has been a perfect nurse and a better manager, who could handle every one of us. She did an amazing job in managing the staff.

"We were good few days back... What happened?" I tried to be innocent, in fact I know, she's irritated by me. And the reason is unknown. All I could understand that sudden hate from her has to do with patient 648.

"We are still good. Nothing happened. But, I... I want you to quit this drama. Patient 648 is good and I think, I can handle him." She said while trying to hide her smile.

Smile.

That smile delivered a hidden agenda. I thought hard. Tried to figure out the reason. She almost has no social life. She's too busy, then why this shy smile? She's blushing.

The patient was a sex addict.

Eww....

She's sexually involved with him. That's why she has condoms in her room. She doesn't seem attractive at all. At least, to me. She is old. Maybe that patient is old and is looking for a companion.

"But, we need an active person." Dr Scott interrupted. Although, he stood in front of me with confidence but his uneasiness was noticeable.

"Don't worry, I'll handle him. He's just a human." I joked. "But Rosalie called him Devil." I laughed out loud and waited for others to join me, but they all held an intense expression, that symbolizes 'this is all serious.'

It all appeared as if they all know everything, and I am the only innocent person. Their hide-and-seek was frustrating. If there's something wrong with the patient then they must warn me timely.

"Never take his words as a joke. He never jokes." Dr Scott warned me.

"He is recovering?" I asked.

"Yes...... But something is doubtful. We couldn't find anything. He should have been alright by now. "

"Then consider his diet. He should eat our food, not the food prepared by his chef." Rosalie said while rolling her eyes.

"I'll take care of him," I tried to persuade them.

With no words to exchange, we three stood in Rosalie cabin for almost a minute. It was an awkward silence, but they both were conversing silently through their eyes.

Is this some kind of conspiracy?

Dr Scott nodded as soon as he was done with expressive discussions, that only Rosalie understood.

Following him, I realized that this is the first time in 8 months that I would be seeing the sixth floor. The forbidden floor of our hospital. No one has the access of this floor except his staff and only staff that is hired for him and now, I am none of them.

"Did you read all the terms in the agreement?" Dr Scott sounded concerned.

"Yes, I read it. And I want a change in the last clause. I can quit anytime I want without waiting for someone else to replace me." I informed. "I have already contacted my lawyer. And I signed a new contract that my lawyer prepared."

Hearing my words, alarmed him. He didn't expect this but I wasn't a fool. I noticed the tension that Denise showed, so signing the contract with their terms was out of question. Finally, I could come up with a theory that Denise wanted to leave but since there was no one replace her, she trapped Tamara and when Tamara wanted to leave, she couldn't. There was no one to replace Tamara, and she was forced to pay them 1 million. So she quit and disappeared.

Dr Scott read and smiled with satisfaction.

"You are clever, girl." He laughed. "How you were able to afford Harrington?"

I didn't reply him but just smile. He doesn't know anything about me. Harrington's law firm backs all the survival from human trafficking, and I am one of them. They work with Beth Foundation.

"All the best. Have patience. Dr Anastasia Harrington will join you next week."

Dr Scott said this final words of encouragement. I knew everybody who knows about him are doubting my capabilities but there I nothing I can't handle. I have seen worse.

I knocked the door twice but no answer. It concerned me. That patient behind this door is bipolar who is recovering and is not opening the door. He is alone inside.

Taking out the keys, I opened the door. I witnessed a dark massive royal room with a king-sized bed near the balcony.

I never noticed until now. This balcony has one-way glass. He must have observed at all the staff from here.

Reaching to study table near the window, I switched off the table lamp and tried to look for switches in the dark.

"You shouldn't have switched off." I heard a deep voice. It has an accent. A familiar one.

Following the advice, I switched on the lamp and read the name of the patient.

Damn!!!

I was messing around this whole evening. I should have read the name. This is the man that has been invading my dream from time to time from the past two years. I still see him, holding the son of Elizabeth and Mark Rogers. Maxim. He named that blue eyes baby, Maxim Rogers.

"Turn around." I was commanded. I knew his capability. The aura of him screamed, power.

Obeying his command, I see him sitting shirtless and smiling looking down as if he is thinking something satisfying.

"Good evening, Mr Rossi."