23. Respect/ Disrespect

Sara's POV

“I want this lunch box to be empty by evening,” I requested the Italian man, but he shrugged off. Like a mother, I packed a lunch box for him with numerous water bottles, even fruits. My job is to take care of him, and he, simply refuse to co-operate with me, making it hard for me to help him.

It has been a long time that he has an episode of his bipolar but it doesn't mean, we can consider him as fine. Bipolar is a lifetime commitment. All we can do to manage it.

“Sarai, you are not my mamma.” He rolled his eyes. He is irritated with the fact that he needs a caretaker, but he knows, I was serious about following him to anywhere, if he doesn't eat.

What is the problem with this man?

“Yes... I am not your mamma because I am your Principessa.” I taunted him. He either calls me Sarai or Principessa. “What is the problem with Princess?” I asked handing him his phone.

“Because the princess is Eli.” He snapped. “Stop being too nosey.”

“I am doing what your father paid me to do.” I raise my voice and dragged him out of my house. Last night, it was him who invaded my house and even this morning, he called for his clothes denied leaving my house. It's like he wants to live here. No. Absolutely no. He is encouraging me to betray my husband. I am not a cheater. I vowed to love and stay loyal to the father of my twins.

“Then I'll pay to warm my bed.” He jerked off and walked around my porch as if he owns it. Yes, he owns this house but it was provided to me for a year. I don't know what the father-son duo discussed. But, I read the contract twice, even my lawyers read them which was fine, so I will not be used as a bed warmer. I am here for a decent purpose.

“I am not a whore.” I glared at him for a while but when I realized that he will not leave, I closed the door. “Don't you a business to run. Don't even touch me.” I shouted.

Instead of leaving, he stood with calm and expressionless posture. This is not him. His mood swings will never allow him this posture. Either he practised a lot in controlling or this is the calmness before his burst. I could see him through the glass of my door.

“Open the fucking door.” He suddenly screamed and started banging my door. I was afraid that the glass would break.

Relaxing myself, I jogged to my room to grab my gun. His mood swings are dangerous. He raped Beth when she was pregnant with Eli. He could do worse to me, I gave him the reason.

I was looking for my gun which is missing in action. I despise the fact that a mafia prince is banging at my door, ready to harm me.

“I warned you... Sarai.” I heard him approaching. My body froze in fear. Never in life, I thought my simple act of standing up for me would invite destruction. I completely lost my decision-making ability, when he demanded to pay in exchange for sleeping with me.

“Valerio... You will regret this.” I closed to the door of my bedroom. But he kept banging it. I was afraid that he would break it.

“You are wrong.” He let out a maniac laugh before the silence took over. The calmness was creepy. After observing his behaviour till now, I learn that he is calm before his bipolar outburst. He is here and will not leave until he gets what he wants. And. Now, he wants to teach me a lesson.

Without wasting time, I hid behind the door in case he breaks it, then I could attack from his behind. I was ready to defend myself with handkerchiefs covering my hands as boxing gloves. The only missing piece was Valerio Rossi in the scenario.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

I looked at the source of the voice to find the devil standing on the other side of the window. His calm posture is the stage before his destructive mood. With a creepy smile, he started punching the glass of my window.

Shit.

My instinct of survival opened the door and decided that I need to reach to Miles for my safety, so that I could reach to Leonard Rossi. My only way to avoid the devil is his father. The retired Rossi will have to take the responsibility for the consequences of his son's action. I already warned everybody, that Valerio should be at rehab. His madness is not over yet. Although his report stated him normal but his repetitive violent actions implies he needs help.

“You shouldn't have dragged me out of my property.” Valerio followed me.

“Mr Rossi... We can talk about this.” I tried to buy time but miserably failed. He walked towards me even before I noticed and grabbed my hair.

Dragging me to the bedroom, he threw me on the bed and climb on my back. Holding my neck from the back, he pulled me close to his chest.

“This is my property and you will not disrespect me.” He hissed.

“Neither you will disrespect me.” I was on the tears, but I was determined not to cry.

“What makes you think you deserve respect, whore?” He made me face him. “Just because I respect Shawn doesn't mean it will automatically pass to you... Respect is earned.”

“You are hurting me.” I finally cried. “This is hurting.”

My tears were the proof of weakness. I was determined, yet I couldn't control my emotion. It felt as if I was back to the age of 15 when my virginity was sold. I am scared. Terrified to find myself standing naked in front of those lustful eyes.

Leaving me at my condition, I heard him walking back and forth around the room. I flinched away when I felt his touch on my shoulder.

“You don't deserve any of these. Shawn was lucky to have you... In every way.” He said sitting on the bed.

I looked at him with my weeping eyes. Guilt was plastered on him. Yet, he hurt me. Without thinking twice, I crawled to his lap. Securing me in arms, he inhaled me.

“You hurt me.” I sobbed.

“Yes...”

“I never told you about Shawn... Neither I met you as Mrs Davis then How do you know Shawn was my husband?”

“I ran a background inquiry on you.”

“Why?”

“Mercenaries are determined to have you. I was just looking for a clue.”

“Do you know Shawn was wrapping an important deal before his death?”

“Which deal?”