2. Another one year √

Sara's POV

I continued to walk deep into the forest with guns. Knowing the situation, I was ready for the worse. I have already unlocked my guns, they are loaded, all I have to do, is to point at the target and shot.

Bhow.......

Bhow......

I heard, dogs barking. It must be tinker or snow. Surprisingly, both the dogs were intelligent. They made my work easy. They both are well-trained. Magic of Williamson dogs.

Although, I wanted to kill August but I followed, the order of Mark Rogers. He wanted his wife and child to be safe. Since I was the only female with a medical background, I was supposed to take the pregnant lady to the air ambulance.

Oww........

OOo.......

Again, I heard both the dogs, howling. They are calling. It is their signal for help. I followed them and found a petite redhead struggling to stand straight while the younger one was in her vegetative state, cable of blinking eyes and breathing.

“What happened?” I asked. But both the female didn't reply to me. The younger girl looked scared and kept staring at the dead body.

Looking close to the dead body, I learned that this pregnant lady killed August. She is Elizabeth Rogers. She is my mission. I have to secure her.

I checked her and finally, concluded that she's too weak to walk to the air ambulance. We have to deliver her baby here.

“Her water broke,” I announced.

“Save my baby,” Mrs Rogers begged me. Her voice reminded me that how I begged to save my babies, but eventually, I lost them. “We have to deliver the baby here.”

“Get up......” I heard mom yelling. Hearing her, I immediately understood that she has been trying to wake me up.

Battling with my eyelids for a few minutes, I finally managed to open my eyes.

My job is about to start in 2 hours.

That night 1 year ago, I was saved Mark Rogers, unfortunately. He is known as the secret keeper. He knew what I was doing all this time and his team saved me since he considered me to his priority.

I am the sister of a Schmidt.

August was my half brother. We share the same mother. But I look a lot like my biological father, who happens to my mother's brother-in-law. Her sister sold her to human trafficking because her husband wanted my mother who was just 14 at that time.

In her 21 years of life in Schmidt brothel, she gave birth to 7 children out of which 2 were girls and August was the eldest. All of us have a different father. It was only August and my younger sister that were Schmidt.

August was the son of Vincent, one of a bastard of Schmidt while my younger sister was the daughter of Michael Schmidt, grandfather of Mark Rogers.

“Don't be late.” Mom kissed my head and left to pack food for me. She behaves like a real mother to me. Even though my real mother was busy surviving, she tried her best to provide us normal life. She would save extra tips from various elite customers throughout the year, just to get us birthday cakes.

“I want to quit,” I mumbled.

Despite my low voice, she heard me and stopped. She's old and even has a problem in hearing then how she manages to hear my every word?

Mother's heart, her usual answer.

“I don't like to work there,” I complained.

“But it keeps you busy.” She smiled. “You can quit..... Find a better job. We can not be dependent on the 'Beth foundation' for our survival.”

Her words work as a reminder. She is right. Although, I have nothing to live but I do love mom. I have to live for her. Six months ago, we lost dad. Now, she's all I have.

Beth foundation was formed in honour of Gerard Harrington, a billionaire lawyer, but he died and his wife took the command. Beth is a victim of human trafficking. She's Elizabeth Rogers, wife of Mark Rogers. This charity has a lot of supporters, especially elite people and donates...... not for humanity but because of the owner, Elizabeth Rogers. Her husband knows everyone's secret. Elites are scared of him. So it's an effort to be in his good book. As he is a family man. He would make sure his wife is the happiest person in the world.

Nodding, I got up to get ready. Last week, my job was shifted to the night shift. It could have been better only if I had a family. The whole day with them and at night when they sleep, I would have done the job.

“I have this intuition, this is going to be best.” Mom chirped but I ignored her. She puts an extra effort to keep a happy aura in the house but it is me, who always fails her. “Dear, you should move on.”

“Mom, I don't want this preaches,” I said. It is annoying listening every time the advice of moving on. I never thought I could have a family. But then suddenly, I was loved. I got married. I was about to have a baby. Twins. But then I lost everything, in a single day.

Nothing will lessen my misery. My misery increase with time. When my counsellor asks how do I feel I wanted to kill her. How will I described, when I don't know what I feel?

My emotion are fucked up and I don't know any more how do I feel.

I grew up with no hope of the future and once upon a time I had everything that any girl could dream of but now, nothing. It's all empty.

No future.

“If you had died that day instead my son, what would you have wanted for him?” She asked.

“I love him. I would always want him to be happy.” I cried.

“He wants the same for you... He wants someone to be in your life in any way possible so that you would be happy. He just wants you to be happy.” She hugged me.

“He is the love of my life. I can't move on.” I hugged her tight. I don't want to lose her. “I will never be able to love anyone else. This is all like cheating on him.”

“You can love two people at the same time.” She broke our hug. “I'm not asking to abandon your feelings for my son, just look for happiness......Don't love that new man. Just give him time. Maybe you fall in love again.”

“He would have wanted me to be happy?” I asked again.

“Yes, in any way possible.”

“Then I want a child.”

“Without the father?” She asked.

Author's Note:
Edited: 23rd March 2021.
I have edited it, but I will check it from time to time.

Don't forget to hit the star below and drop your words for me.