19. Drunken Conversation

Sara's POV

Smiling with foreign emotion to evaluate, I was pulled out of the crowd by the Italian man. I wanted to dance more, even sing but the pressure of grip around my wrist was different. It was warm, soothing.

Last time, I had this feeling when I was showered a lot of kisses from my husband. That night was best. We cuddled, watched a film, made love and the next morning, despite my refusal, he went to do his job with a promise of family dinner at evening but never came back. Even I lost my twins.

"Come on Sarai..." Valerio pulled me again but I wanted that stage from the club that didn't judge me and anyone just for dancing. I wanted to dance so much.

"Why don't you call me Sara?" I asked. "Sarai reminds me of mother," I confessed. She named me Sarai because someone told her that Sarai means princess in some language.

"Because Sarah is the name of my mother." He answered without looking at me and continued to drive.

My head felt heavy and body refused to follow my command. Am I drunk? Absolutely no.

"There are many people with the same name," I argued.

Smirking, he stopped the car and jogged to my side. Finally, home. His home. No, it's his estate, but we are in front of my house.

He helped to walk to my house but I stumbled. I giggled like a teenager who was walking beside her crush. What is wrong with me?

"You look....." He hesitated and searched for words. "Drunk."

"I look like a slut." I said remembering an embarrassing act in the club. It would have appeared as if I was too desperate for attention. To be honest, I want attention. It could be helpful to soothe my pain.

"No, the opposite. You look desirable." He unlocked MY house. "I have a master key." He explained and supported me to my bed.

"Just wait till I am asleep." I requested and surprisingly, he accepted. "Why Miles is around me?"

"Because mercenaries seems very interested in you." Valerio took off his blazer and pulled the nearby chair to sit. "May I know why? I mean I know your background but about your mother... They killed her."

"Mercenaries fights only for money. They don't have sides. They are not against me or with me. They need money. It's their survival."

"Better ideas. Do you have that much money?...... or else ready to die."

"I have nothing to lose." I laughed. Now, I am drunk. Just now, I received a good deal of important news, and I am laughing. I should be enraged. But I am laughing like it's a joke. Mom was killed. Mercenaries are looking for me. I left that life.

"You are drunk." He repeated. The confidence in his eyes was sparkling. It was if he proved that I am drunk. Well! I am drunk.

"I can fight for myself. I don't need Miles to protect me." I protested. I am going to regret this conversation, the next morning.

"I can't help this issue. Rogers asked me."

"And you listened to him?" I asked. It is impossible that he would listen to the man who took his Beth away from him, even his daughter.

Without answering, he closed his eyes and smiled shaking his head. His expression implies that I am entertaining to him. I could say, he's enjoying. But I knew I was so serious. About every word I spoke.

"You must change your dress. It seems uncomfortable for bed." He said trying to avoid my question. I knew his intention. Certainly, I was behaving like a nosey person, asking about everything but I couldn't help my curiosity.

"You always avoid things that go against your will...... That you can't control." I asserted. He knew I was right. His relaxed posture changed into uncomfortable. His stiffened body fumed with anger.

"I don't know me." He growled.

"It means you know yourself." I challenged him.

"We are talking about me... I know what I want."

"It means you know you want me right now." I got up and walked to seduce him. I am drunk and I don't know what I am doing. Right?

"You are so much like a Vixen?" He smirked. "As I said, you look desirable."

"You desire me now. " I sat on the floor in-between his legs and massaged his thighs.

With a poker face, his body looked was motionless. It appeared that I didn't affect him. Am I that bad? No... I am just out of practice.

"Do you have any idea ridiculous it appears that mercenaries wants you dead, your mother Is already dead... And All you want is to seduce me." He roared and pushed me on the floor causing me to hit my head on the floor. It didn't hurt as much as my heart was hurting. "Take this dress off and sleep." He ordered.

Ignoring him, I grinned with the pain as well as the confidence. The pain of being unwanted, the pain of being alone. And, I was convinced that I successfully made him uncomfortable. Now, his confident voice was anxious. I did affect him. I want to forget everything that happened. First I was forced to learn seduction at the age of 6. Then I was sold at the age of 14. Raped. Beaten. Abused. Losing my birth mother was the last straw for me and my siblings. We all ran away but again, I was caught. I was trained to be an assassin against my will but it was better than being a bed warmer. Then again, I was sold. Thanks to Mark, he gave me a better life. Then death, death, death and death. First my love, my husband, my children, dad and now mom.

"You will always be a whore." Valerio kicked my stomach. I cried. I hated that I am crying in front of him. But I am drunk. I don't know what I am doing.

"You hate me," I said. "Everybody hates me." I laughed.

He stopped hitting me and grabbed my jaw to look at me. His handsome face was blurry due to my tears. I couldn't see his face.

"I want someone to be with me for forever." I cried. "I feel abandoned by everyone."

"We can't be together for forever." He whispered.

"Let's not think about forever, it's all about now."

"Now... I want you." I could feel his grip getting tight around my jaw.

"Then..... have me," I begged.

"You are drunk... Don't start something that will eventually get out of your control." He warned.

"Nothing goes out of my control," I claimed with confident.

"You can't control me...not now, not ever."

"I want you to control me..." I was interrupted by the hungriest kiss.

"You will regret this, but I don't a shit." He said and tore my dress apart.

I yelped.

"I will make sure you don't walk for days."