1. 1 years later √

Sara's POV

“Is it necessary?” I whined asking my husband. He promised he would spend the rest of the day with me, but his job doesn't allow us and now, he is breaking his promise.

“I want to stay, wifey, but you know, the emergency.” He kissed my head. “I'll be back.” As usual, he promised.

“They have others to guard HER.” I folded my arms over my chest glaring at him. Elizabeth Rogers has a lot of people to guard her then why my husband is special? He works for Rossi, not for Rogers.

“But I am the most trusted.” His grey eyes shone with proud. The proud he earned it. He worked day and night, to prove his loyalty. He is proud of himself and so I am.

“I want our twins to have these grey eyes like yours.” I pulled him to kiss his eyes. My favourite pair of eyes. His eyes are most attractive, and it is what attracted me for the first time when I saw him. I had a crush on him before he asked me the reason behind my code name, Princess. The name we used during the assassination, or we call them projects and target.

“Next time..... But this time I want them to look like you.” He cupped my cheeks and kissed me like there's no tomorrow.

His kiss expressed a different message. He has been paranoid for the past few days just like me. He is not aware, but I have seen those file. August is up to something. My brother is unpredictable, and I hate to admit, but August is loyal to no one.

When we got married, I told him everything about me. He knows about August, my half-brother. Both of us were born into the mafia, but my husband had other options while August and I didn't have any choice.

“Is everything fine?” I asked as soon as he broke our kiss.

“No... But today, I'll settle everything. Then everything will be fine.” He forced a smile. I know my husband. He is not happy. He is anxious. And, he is hesitating to share it with me due to my complicated pregnancy. “Tonight, we will have a family dinner.”

“That's perfect.” I couldn't help but feel excited. “I want to eat mom's recipes.” She cooks the world's best chicken pasta.

“I'll see you tonight.” He promised and was about to kiss me again, but I hit his chest and pushed him away. I thought he would stay to prepare dinner with us but in reality, he is bribing me.

“You are a liar.” I accused him.

“I just followed the orders.” The injured man in front of me cried bringing me back to reality. Anthony Denver. A simple man forcefully joined the mafia because his 3rd wife was an ex-mistress of one of the mafia boss. Karma. I

I was promised that morning a family dinner by my husband, but he never came. Neither I got to see his dead body. Even I lost our twins. I lost too much in one day.

I was stressed. That gave us, risky pregnancy, but I wanted children. Someone of our own. That was my part. But I lost them, giving me lifelong sufferings.

I was almost satisfied with the condition of a dying man in front of me, but it wasn't enough. I suffered a lot and his sufferings are nothing. Furthermore, I wanted him to remember all this in his next life.

“Princess, I was just followed the orders.” Anthony pleaded again but I ignored him. That's what I do. Ignore. I ignore all the begging of my target and kill them.

Walking into his house, I found his family photo. His 1st family. I nearly laughed at him. He had everything. Beautiful wife, amazing son, a complete family. Yet he ruined everything. He cheated on his wife with some immature girl for adventure.

“Your ex-wife is beautiful.” I mocked him, telling him that I know about him. He knows me, considering me as one of the best female assassins.

Widening his eyes in shock, he struggled to get out of the chains. I know his intentions. He wants to kill me but to his bad luck, I was prepared for everything (circumstances). He thinks that I would hurt his ex-wife.

“Don't hurt her.” He warned me. “She has nothing to do with all this.”

“Neither my babies.” I snapped. “Yet... They paid.”

“We can settle this. There is no need for blood.”

“Blood For Blood.”

“At least, let me see my son for the last time.”

“He doesn't want you. He's happy with HIS father.” I laughed taunting him. His son has a man who loves him, who is nothing like Anthony. “My babies never got to see their father.”

Hearing the bitter truth, he fumed in rage. Ignoring my misery, he struggled again to get out of the chains. While I sat and watched the show. Finally, he gave up.

“They are happy?” He asked crying.

“Yes, she's in love..... And her husband is giving them love and respect that she deserves.” I wanted to torture him more, emotionally. Just like I am suffering. “He is faithful to her,” I said, but I wasn't satisfied at all.

“I never wanted to cheat on her. She was my life. She gave me our son.” He looked devastated. Belladonna Is working. “Who is that man?”

“Victor García,” Answering him, the name of the man who has his family now, I pour alcohol over his body.

He was silent all this time. We all know what a Casanova Victor García was. He is worried about his son. The same way my husband was about his twins and me before his death.

I watched him dying for hours, slowly. But this sight was not satisfying the way I imagined.

Setting his dead body and house on fire, I cried. I wanted to die. I have nothing after this. I have no one. I am alone just like August.

After escaping from the Schmidt human trafficking circuit, August had a chance to start fresh, but he chooses to stay because he has nowhere to go.

We were born into this world. We grew up watching inhumanity.

After I escaped, I run into another mafia. They captured me, smuggled me to be trained into a killer. I met men like Victor, Thomas. Just difference was that they were students there while I was a product. They even tattooed my code name on the back of my waist.

Princess.

I was named Princess because I appeared beautiful to them. They were going to use me for honey trapping...... And I could kill efficiently. I had to do whatever they asked me. It was for survival. At least, they didn't treat me like a sex toy.

It was Mark Rogers who brought me and educated me, while I continue to work for him as my part-time job.

My husband claimed to never think about me as the love of his life until we started meeting on various occasions.

Later, we got married, and I believed my sufferings were over, but I was so wrong. This all happened to the worse.

Finally, I have no one, no family, no place. All I have is my in-laws, but they want me to move on. But how?

My in-laws claim to see my happy future and according to them, their son wasn't the right one for me. The right one for me is waiting for me, somewhere near me.

But where is he?

Is he near me?

Edited: 21st March 2021

* Timeline is non-linear. Italic is for the past.