38. Messages

Sara's POV

No matter how hard I try, my mind goes back to Valerio and my child that he killed. I dreamt of a happy family. Even I dreamt of two Italian babies. My boys. The two little Valerio, but he killed every chance of our happy future together. And, now whatever will happen to his family will be his responsibility. He invited the turmoil. He earned it.

I was offered to stay with Mark and Beth, but since I have to live my whole life alone then why to waste time. I will leave alone in the same city and will witness the infamy of the Rossi family.

My house where I built my home with my family was full of dust. I coughed and sneezed even cried while cleaning due to dust. I couldn't differentiate the reason for my tears, is it dust or my emotions. I was alone in my home, with no one around.

I burst into tears when I see the emptiness around the home. The pictures in the room of Mom and dad have so many memories. All the pictures were hanged displaying her journey. From her marriage to my marriage, from her pregnancy to mine, even the frames of sonographies were handcrafted. I could see Shawn, he was so small and even my twins, my first pregnancy as Mrs Davies.

Sobbing, when I opened my walk-in closet I was encountered with bare hangers. It was empty. Those unknown men stole only clothes, and burnt them into ashes in Rossi estate. This event is a mystery. Even mercenaries.

I wiped the floor and all the drawers while sobbing. The destruction of Rossi colonized my thoughts. I could visualize my best about how they will react when I will break the news to them. Even I have the proof. It was hard, but I managed to convince Charles West, finance of Denise to provide me with the report of Abigail Evans. I blackmailed Charles West.

Charles West claimed that he left his life as a sniper working independently but we both knew, it is hard to leave the mafia once entered. He was even part of a team. His departure is surprising as he was earning a good amount but, he insisted that he has Denise to think of and so, he is willing to look safer option.

Even I doubted that Charles West attacked me and Dr Caius Solomon as he is a sniper. He gets money to hit the target. He has been doing this work for years and has expertise in this field. Furthermore, he will never miss his target. Especially two targets. He was trained with me. We were product of Training lounge. We were cultivated to finish the assignment. So we can conclude that he was not the sniper who failed to kill us.

I turned the drawer to wipe it properly, but then I see a message. Exclusively written in Morse code. We learnt Morse code to accomplish the target. Shaw wrote them.....for me.

Noting down the code, I received another task, to break the message. Shawn left a message. My intuition asserted Shawn would have left a lot of messages. I need to find.

I copied every code I got around the house at various places. Likewise, I was fascinated to see Shawn left messages in the whole house. It was like the whole house is his puzzle that needed to be solved to reach his secret.

This is another good news for me. The message that my Shawn hid in the whole house is another destructive news for Rossi. It is another step to their downfall.

I failed to distinguish among my opinions. I wanted to drop all my vicious idea of destroying the Rossi and start somewhere new with a child that I desperately wanted to adopt. But then, the grieving mother inside me craves vengeance.

I love that man, Valerio Rossi. But he sinned and he needs to learn.

The translation of code into proper words consumed hours, but I was satisfied with the result. Shawn was so dedicated that he devoted his majority of time to Valerio. And I want to conclude that mom and dad knew about this.

I remember the original map of the house. There must a secret room. Dad used to spend hours in his study after the death of Shawn. Mom said that he needed time to absorb the news of the death of his son, but I realize now, he was hiding something. And so mom. And this all is related to Rossi.

Glancing around the house, searching all the corners I could think of, I was ready to discover the truth of Rossi that Shawn knew and mom and dad were hiding. The truth must be important. So important that after Shawn, my family decided to hide it.

What if Mark knew about it? Maybe this is the reason, he never allowed his eldest daughter, Savannah to spend much time with Rossi, especially Synn and Abigail.

Decided to contact Mark later, I was ready to use a hammer to break the secret. I looked around the pages of the book of Dad in his study room, and found the original map of the house. The secret was behind the wall of Shawn's study room.

Pushing the vacant bookshelf, I was ready to push the only barrier between me and the secret. I pour my complete energy and vowed to start my training as soon as I am settled. I am out of practice, that's why none of my punch worked on Valerio.

Although Valerio trains regularly, he hires others to break others for him and I will break him.

The layer of dust in the royal sized room, implies it's been a month that no one has cleaned the room. And I can tell that someone used to clean the room. It means mom knew about, and she used to clean the room and never mentioned it to me.

I rummaged the room and found a copy of the will. The missing will was in my hand. The will is important, that's why the lawyers were killed.

Collection of my patience was another step that I successfully achieved and sat on my bed to read it carefully. With patience and taking time to analyse every word written, I finally knew the reason of Shawn doing all the laundry by himself.

Shawn left messages in his clothes that I never looked at. That's why only clothes were stolen and burned them. It means the members of the Rossi family knows that Shawn knows the secret. They must have hired the mercenaries to kill every member of the Davies family.

But the attack in hospital? Why Shawn was gathering all this information? What about Dr Anastasia Harrington? Why the butler, Thomas is drugging Valerio? Who wants to prove that Valerio is unstable? Why the affair?

This Rossi are fucked up just like Schmidt.

I can look for the reason another time but this piece of information will definitely break the Family apart.

“You will regret Valerio.” My giggles filled the room. Because this will be the last time, I'll never meet the Rossi. Then I'll have the peace I want. "Just wait..."